8.05.2013

i'd rather live in the suburbs anyway.

Untitled
for the record, there is a simple life. there is. and it's actually simple. no rules and regulations about how our house is supposed to be laid out or the clothes we wear. it's more like a simple life that flows from the inside to the outside. i learned that my relationship with God is simple. He is love, and i am wide open to receive. He gives me joy that i am unable to contain, so i spill it out to other people. God is the ultimate. He's straightforward, He's approachable. people make things complicated.

this is what my life is at the moment: five days of august, ten days of july, and the rest is a blur until the beginning of june. the references of my summer are limited, and in some cases, i am disappointed. in others, i am okay. sometime at the beginning of june, i stopped caring. there were things that were hindering me from blogging the way i wanted to, photographing the way i wanted to. and eventually, i just removed those things from my daily life. i realized it was easier to stop focusing on what didn't identify with me, and focus on renewing my mind. and i think that's where "simple" really came in.

some of my influences were depriving me of the things i so easily wanted to do. and eventually, though it was hard, i just kind of... let go. i don't care about mason jars or instagram filters. i don't even have a phone! i care about where i'm going in the Lord, i care about the people who grace my life. and it's simple because i'm not trying to make it simple. it simply is.

-kiss kiss kiss, twelve-

7 comments :

  1. this is officially one of my favorite posts you've ever done. oh yes, and I have no phone either. let's celebrate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Last week I was on vacation, and my family rented a little house with a couple acres, and we spent the week living really simply. No internet, no TV. Lots of reading, relaxing. The whole week I didn't really know what time it was, or even the date, and that was ok, though normally I always have to be by the clock.
    Despite how much I rely on my phone, and how often I am on social media, I am actually better and happier without both. I learnt that last week, especially when I finally came home and ended up checking twitter later and it just made me feel depressed. I've just been realizing lately that there's no point in doing things that don't actually interest me, or that don't fulfill me. So I'm not going to do those things, or pretend to like them. I've been trying to let go because I want to be happier than I am.
    So. Sorry for this huge long essay, but your post really spoke to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much truth in this post. YES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jocee, you wonderful person you. you have perfectly summed it up. and i love this: "He is love, and i am wide open to receive. He gives me joy that i am unable to contain, so i spill it out to other people. God is the ultimate. He's straightforward, He's approachable. people make things complicated."
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved this post!! i don't have phone either and i've never had starbucks. so i think i can relate. everyone's life is simple...because simply, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It feels like this post was written for me (even though it wasn't) because, wow, it's really relevant to my life right now. Thanks, Jocee, for writing this. :)

    {PS I also want to think that "kiss kiss kiss, twelve" is a Doctor Who reference, but that's probably just my obsessed brain making the connection, idk.}

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...