9.13.2013

separate the clouds, make way for the sun.

before the flaming sun
original photo



i only heard this song days ago, but i realize this was my heart's cry while i was away from home. i couldn't help but cover it. "there's a ghost upon the moor tonight." i can't sleep. i keep crying. i don't want to be here. help me. i want out of this. take me away. take me home. "when you walked into the room just then, it's like the sun came out." there you are. my soul's been looking for you. though there are some things i'd rather not experience again, i understand their existence, because they made me appreciate who i am and what i have gained since.

-kiss kiss kiss, voice is just-

12 comments :

  1. yes. this is lovely. i approved. *applause*

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow. i've got chills. like I said before, I've been listening to this song all week, but just listening to your cover of it now... just woah. the lyrics seemed to be even more real.
    this is so so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dang. every time I comment I keep forgetting to tell you this: you need to look up the song Hazy by Rosi Golan. It's another song I've had on repeat of late, and it just reminds me of you. <3

      Delete
  3. incredible, really. very, very impressive.

    who did you sing this with? It sounds like you had three different voices in there. :)

    -kiss, kiss [your] voice is [good]-

    A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was all me, if you can believe it! i just recorded myself singing the melody/harmonies more than once to give it the full effect. :)

      Delete
  4. oh, jocee, this is beautiful. i just closed my eyes and listened. you have an amazing gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're my favorite person because you're awesome, gorgeous, classy and sing really well, like a heck a lot. (I was going to use another word but I withheld myself. :P)

    xoxo Johanna Grace
    http://www.johanna-grace.com

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...