9.12.2013

there are some things we don't talk about.

prettiest girl this side of the world



just a few frames by johanna from the saturday we hung out at barnes&noble.

things we don't talk about:
why i don't talk in the morning
why i prefer the window up instead of down (even in the heat)
why making fried chicken sometimes stresses me out (why i prefer the flat pieces)
why i haven't picked up my digital before or after jasmine's shoot
why i pray twice before eating my favourite meal
the specifics of my love language
why i wear an ear cuff and dangles (sometimes i like to think i'm edgy)
why you're more likely to see me in heels
why i only really wear my hair half-down
why sometimes i stand on chairs or tabletops or beds (keating said i should see things with a new perspective)
or why i can't wait for plenty of things but i have to live through all the moments before to get to them (which makes me appreciate it all the more)
why i study my face in pictures (self-portraits or by other people).

songs that make me miss you:
start of time - gabrielle aplin (sounds like coming home)
youth - daughter (do you remember that day? i was strewn out on the bed and you were three hours away; the sun was setting but you still sang)
no room for doubt - lianne le havas
the current state of things - noah gunderson
hide & seek - imogen heap
brown creek - goldmund
she will be loved - maroon 5
the star spangled banner (i think we sing it best)
you - nils frahm
flood the ocean - jillette johnson
literally anything by lana del rey, the civil wars, or imagine dragons
we actually did it - alan silvestri.

if you met me, i would incorporate these into the conversation like extra nutmeg in apple crisp:
i guess...
WOMAN!
mm-mm.
no-no; nOPE
#thestruggleisdealthyexistant (sometimes i speak hashtag)
i realize.
are you cereal/for serious?
aca-awkward...
blame my mother.
what sister? all i see is a puppy.
this is/is not a thing.
(i should be a reaction gif.)

how i measure my week:
monday depression (sunday was only yesterday, six more days until)
tuesday (we're getting somewhere)
wednesday (relax, we've made it this far)
thursday (which is my friday)
friday (breathe easy, you can wake up after the sun this time)
saturday (oh, tomorrow)
sunday (if i am a love cup, by sunday i am 7/7 full).

maybe sunday is my love language; let me break it down:
7:41 am, my walls are illuminated with light. my eyes open, i roll over, i sleep again.
8:26am, i roll over, i throw the covers back, i rub the sleep out of my eyes. today is the day.
it feels like fall in the morning and swelters in the afternoon. i never wear a sweater.
i can't describe the way you look at me, i'd have to show you. but it resembles the first day, when mom made me say hello.
but it's like a new beginning every time. (shouldn't that be one word?)

maybe i like sundays so much because:
there is a possibility our kind of sundays is running out
blueberry donuts at sunday school (Jesus&junkfood)
i prefer shade and clouds but if it's sunday, the sky can be a painter's pallette
we're all together
and that puts me at peace.

one more thing: 
maybe your hugs are a reward
for surviving (thriving) the last week
and building up for the next.
i promise i look forward to other things but
not as much as this.

-kiss kiss kiss, like the sun-
{pea ess: keep an eye on my soundcloud, some more tunes are coming up!}

18 comments :

  1. Joc, I think you figured out how to do this list, because it might be your best one yet.

    (The list of things you incorporate into conversations made me laugh because I'm pretty sure I've heard you say every single one.)

    xoxo Johanna
    http://www.johanna-grace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures!
    i agree, sunday is the day i look forward to most, and i think the same things on the other days (almost there!!)

    xo,
    rn
    www.rachelnicoleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dead Poets Society reference makes me super happy. Like, oh my word that movie inspires me to no end.
    Also you're really good at making lists.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol you post too many photos of yourself.

    just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, i realize. i'm working on fixing that. i just need to pick up my camera. :)

      Delete
    2. No you don't. It's your blog and I like your face POST MORE PICTURES OF YOURSELF.

      Delete
    3. agree with johanna on this one. love seeing you!

      xo,
      rn

      Delete
  5. oh, lady! seriously this is probably one of my favorite posts of yours ever. first of all, you are so freaking gorgeous. and if your shirt disappears one day, you know who stole it. secondly, GABRIELLE APLAIN! I just found her music last week and she's literally been on repeat ever since. and Start of Time is my very favorite. thirdly, i just really like lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU GOT MY REFERENCE
      NEW FAVOURITE SONG I SWEAR
      HONOUR TO YOU AND YOUR COW

      Delete
  6. JSYK, i love your lists, face, and overall personality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. UM HELLO I LIKE YOUR FACE.
    & your words.
    so yeah.
    #itsallgood

    ReplyDelete
  8. this reminds me of the book thief, which means i automatically like it because book thief=favorite book ever, and you=a fountain of words that always seem to describe my soul in a completely non-creepy way.
    ok that's all. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair to one side looks really nice-it suites you! Love your list!
    xxx
    s

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are your best lists yet.

    Man, you're awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stumbled across your blog and I love it. : ) You are really pretty and I love your pictures!

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely and you're so wonderful and I just want to keep telling you this every day!! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your words practically melt into my eyes. it's just amazing. why do i always write the same thing on all of your posts? but really, jocee, you're so real and beautiful and it's just so, so good.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...