10.12.2013

we're living in a state of being.

success
original photo

i curled my hair yesterday after a good cleaning. (washing is simple, drying is hella difficult.) i didn't go out but we had connect, which is like bible study in my home. we eat, we hang, we talk, we absorb. and helayna's family was there, sans the sea-breather herself. she has a little sister who smiles as much as others get angry, and she noticed that i've been sitting on the stairs by myself, like a wallflower. she came to sit in my lap, started tugging on my hair. "be gentle." "why?" "because my hair is sensitive." "what does that mean?" "it means... it just needs to be loved." so she pulled my face close to hers and gave my fallen ringlets a hug. and to be honest, i don't know why i love kids so much. maybe it's because they are untarnished (like costume jewelry that's never been worn) or because i see them in me. maybe it's because they understand love as a state of being, not as a feeling. maybe it's because they look up to all of us as though we are the world.

and maybe we are.
-kiss kiss kiss, a hella rad-

7 comments :

  1. this is pretty. children are precious. love you, jocee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've often felt that way about children too -- like they can see things, feel things that we've lost somehow in the process of growing up, things that should be essential to living the best life but things that we all lack. kids are the best. love your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture and beautiful post. I aspire to understand love like that, maybe we all have it within us, we just forgot about it while we were busy growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! It is so true and it made me smile.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...