1.09.2014

so i've been painting...

and i've been sitting here since my last post wondering if i should follow-up, how i should follow-up if i decide to, and i still don't know that i will. got a few more comments on the secrets post, ones that made my mouth sort of fall open. and i wish i were there to hug you all and to read everything i've written for you out loud and tell you that you're beautiful and that i can't begin to explain how proud i am of you. so there's that.

i've put a few canvases in helayna's care packages. some printed paper. even a few napkins, all tainted--no, polished with watercolours and sometimes acrylics. (i'm still trying to figure out how to blend those.) she knows i'm no painter, not compared to her art. but i like doing it. and even though this probably doesn't measure up, i got this new app called sketchbook express. i guess it's like paper 53, for desktop. and i've made three things so far. and i like them, because they all have stories, but they don't take much to tell. 


i made this for her. so as to remember the anchors, because we always have tentacles. because maybe that'll make us appreciate them more.
(read it's kind of a funny story by ned vizzini and you'll understand.)


"you are made of the sea, and the stars. and one day, you are going to find yourself again." - finn butler


i remember how helayna and i planned to get up and watch the sunrise at camp last summer. we never did.

so i've been painting. and i've been feeling up and i've been feeling down. but right now, i think i'm okay.
-kiss kiss kiss, so there's that-

6 comments :

  1. Ah, that last one is so pretty. Really, super gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stunning. (also, I simply must know what font you used for "remember your anchors"! #fontnerd)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh these are sooooo pretty :D I like all of them, but if I had to pick one I would pick... Oh nevermind, we'll just stick with I like them all :)
    xoxo,
    Brooke Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG OMG I LOVE THE SECOND ON THE BEST LIKE WHEN I FIRST SAW IT I WAS LIKE "*GASP* OHMIGOSH"

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...