9.10.2014

sometimes, you and your siblings share quiet moments. this is one of them.

"jocee, i'm sad." but she says it with this awkward southern draw that makes it sound like 'sick' or something like that. after i decipher it to be the word 'sad,' i ask "why are you sad?" 
she says it's because these are the last few days she has of being eight. "i don't want to turn nine because that means i'll be closer to being a teenager. and i don't want to be a teenager." again: "why?" and she says "because then after that i'll have to be an adult. and i don't wanna be an adult. it's like everything is flying by so fast. first you go to elementary school, then middle school, then high school and then college! that's like four steps of school and then you have to leave home. i don't want to leave home. i want to stay in this house with mommy and daddy forever." and i told her that sometimes, i feel the same way. 

joy is turning nine on sunday and i actually don't think she wants to. 
college is going great, by the way. how are you? really?
-kiss kiss kiss, sanjay and craig-

8 comments :

  1. This is sweet. Precious girl. Enjoy those younger years while you can! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully understand both of you. Gee whizz growing up scares me so much. Tell your sister that the difference comes so gradually, it feels right. And why reject something that feels right? (but yeah, definitely a lot of scary steps involved such as college - so happy that's working out for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartwarming story. And beautifully told. Inspires me to try something other than "hi" "hi" with my little sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “I don’t want to be a teenager.” This March, I’ll be taking my first round of the SATs. And after that, just like Joy said, I’ll have a year until I have to go to college. I have no idea where I want to go. Yeah, I don’t want to be a teenage either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I totally understand. I cried when I was about to turn ten. I thought the magic of being a kid would go away when I reached double digits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh. Tell your sister I feel the same. At 14 I never wanna be 15, or then I'll be older, halfway through being a teenager. I'm nowhere near sneaking out my bedroom window in the middle of the night. I'm closer to watching Disney channel. I love your blog and you have a new follower!

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet:) I totally get your sister. If I could just go back, I would.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...