12.18.2016

we made a magazine.


this is the product of a summer photography project and an autumn internship. find what you love to do, propose it to the people who can support you, and breathe it into existence. introducing majesty, a magazine created by, for, and about women of color,
created under the standard that Royalty is not elected. i don't know what else to say, so this is your cue to take a look. 
remember to always be busy for a reason. then, for the big reveal, stun them. i love y'all. 

-kiss kiss kiss, flood me where i sit-

5 comments :

  1. I LOVE this! Your photography is so chic !! I love the fashion/editorial vogue look of this! I have always wanted to make a magazine- I should get on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO IT. and do send me your finished product! i want to read it! <3

      Delete
  2. AAAHHH JOCEE! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS!! i'm a woman of colour myself, and i could definitely relate to the things you and the girls talked about in the magazine. also, aaahhh everyone is so??? beautiful??? and ethereal?? and smart and lovely and AAAAHHHH I AM SO HERE FOR THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, my friend!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  3. Jocee. Jocee. This was so brilliant. I pulled up your blog in a burst of 2012-era Blogger nostalgia, and I started reading this zine and couldn't stop. I'm also black, and I also love vintage fashion, and this spoke to my very soul. It's also insane to see how much you've grown as a photographer and an artist over the years. Making an issu account right now so I can subscribe.

    xoxo, do the dang thang!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...