11.14.2012

naturey crap.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
vibrance.
i've been chided for my copius photography escapades with nature, and a few people have asked if i photograph things that are real. i mean, it's not like these are plastic and wax flowers that freeze cold in the winter and melt in the summer, these plants are natural, real and beautiful, and they make me feel more alive. so that's why i photograph this naturey crap (in the words of alice gao; it's not literally crap, i promise, it's beautiful). i mean, God made it to be seen and cared for and nurtured, so why should i ignore it?

besides, allie [or ali, i'm not sure how to spell it] absolutely adores the beauty in the midst of this chaotic and very fearful world, and thinks we should all stop to breathe deeply and enjoy it. life is short and the world is closed until we pry a little deeper and the flowers start to bloom. if you don't know which allie i speak of, i mean the one from the band a fine frenzy, of whom i saw play last night. i can't really say much because i'm so in awe of everything that happened, so i'll copy and paste something that i posted on my facebook after the event: 
i have to go to bed but a fine frenzy was the greatest. i didn't get to meet alison but i wrote her a letter and a carpe diem list. seriously, though, you should've all been living vicariously through me because the concert was one of the best that i've ever been to. and if you were living vicariously through me, you'd know that allie is the sweetest little bird of all the hummingbirds on the block. so.
so, i suppose this post is for allie, and for me, because i like capturing this naturey "crap." and i'm not going to stop. 
incidentally, i will post about the actual concert later on. 
-kiss kiss kiss, i will keep you safe-

12 comments :

  1. Nature is beautiful. We should all get out more, and see it. Especially this season!

    GORGEOUS shots Jocee! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Especially in this busy world, we should stop to appreciate nature just a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to nature and to capturing it! Seriously, how can anyone not love nature photography? Splendid post and photos you've got here, Jocee. And well said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your nature shots. they're refreshing, and they inspire me to look closer at Creation. also, DO TELL. dying to hear about the concert ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are nice pictures, hun. Loverz it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved these shots, dear. lovely lovely lovely. can't wait to hear about your concert. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more. I never tire of soaking up the beauty of the outdoors! These pictures...wow. marvelous. Like something from a dream.

    -Leanna

    P.S Alison Sudol is awesome! I've been listening to hear new album "Pines" nonstop. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic pictures! I especially love the texture and color in the first one.

    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post, Jocee! <3
    I always photograph nature too, so you're definitely not alone. Flowers and things....they just....catch my attention more than anything else. I think the outdoors was made for photographers.

    This post made me happy. I don't know why.

    ---->> Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your photo editing style! i totally concur with your thoughts on photographing nature. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the 4th picture. I seriously cannot stop staring at it. Do I have permission to print that picture out and tape it to my wall? :P

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...