12.01.2012

once upon a december.

entre obligatory fangirling about how the year has gone by so fast and ermagerd i can't believe Christmas is just around the corner and then new years blah blah blah etc etc etc. ahem. carry on.

this december is special. because i'm going to be 16 this december. and my birthday actually falls on 12/12/12 this year [i think God did that just for me], so it's extra special. and because i want to look back on my teenage years and actually have something to look at, everyday this december, i will highlight one photo and talk a little bit about what happened around the time it was taken. in addition, i'm writing about the last 15 days i'm 15, and i'll post that the day before my birthday. all in all, i think it'll be a rather nice month, and to commence it, i'm going to turn on the air conditioning, put on ugly Christmas sweaters and watch the holiday episodes of little house on the prairie. seriously, though, happy saturday and happy december.
tucked up in my furry branches.
december 1 - that's the thing i don't understand about texas autumn/winter; yes, the trees lose their leaves and yes the grass browns a little but a lot of the flowers and plants continue to thrive. it's as though autumn and winter is our spring, our alternate summer, and this is the chance for the plants to breathe. to realise how fully alive they are. it's a new beginning even though the year is ending. i took this at my in my pastor's wife's front yard, and yellow roses are her favourite flower, so maybe i'll blow up this photo on canvas and give it to her as a present. huzzah.
-kiss kiss kiss, i found the rum- 

19 comments :

  1. So excited for your birthday!!! And your last 15 days. December will be amazing my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy almost birthday! This is such a cute idea to celebrate your birthday.
    It was below 0 at the bus stop this morning and I forgot my gloves and I nearly cried because I was so cold. So pop over to England some time for some cold weather, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i feel terrible because it's nearly 85 degrees here in texas! you should pop over here for some barbecue and thawed hands. ;)

      Delete
    2. Jocee- I live in Texas too, and I am really missing the colder weather we got last winter!

      Delete
  3. Such an exciting birthday! And that's so cool that it falls on 12/12/12 this year :) I love the photo and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I went for a run this morning when it was like 75 degrees with 90% humidity. It was terrible. I'm still wearing a sweater, though, and going to a Christmas party tonight. Best of both worlds?

    ReplyDelete
  5. christmas little house episodes ftw! i'm at your house :) xoxo happy december! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. this line: ...i think it'll be a rather nice month, and to commence it, i'm going to turn on the air conditioning, put on ugly Christmas sweaters and watch the holiday episodes of little house on the prairie... haha i love you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy early birthday, jocee dear! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey. You and my mom have the same birthday. That's pretty awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. dude, you have the coolest birthday ever. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I'm planning on doing something out of the ordinary on 12/12/12. Perhaps high five everyone I see or give everyone tootsie rolls because I have a huge stack of them at home. It's even on my bucket list to do something unforgettable.
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Texas is horrible in the winter. Everybody else is sitting around and is like "ERMAGERSH SWEATERS AND HOT CHOCOLATE AND CHILLY NOSES AHHHH" and I'm like ".....I'm still wearing shorts...."

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's almost your birthday, it's almost my birthday, it's almost jesus's birthday- this, this is the month of birthdays my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that song! That's one of my all-time favourite disney films!! :) And the photo is gorgeous!
    Kimmy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurrah for another month, and one closer to a new yearrr! It's always bipolar weather here in North Carolina though.. So it's hard to really feel that it's December.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS.-WILL-BE-MOSLEY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. PLEASE pop over to England for the day! (And bring some of Texas's warm weather with you.) Currently, I'm sitting on the couch, wearing a wool sweater, wrapped in a wool blanket and my toes are cold. In addition, it's free-ee-ee-zing outside.

    And it's totally not fair that you get a 12-12-12 birthday. But God is really kind and considerate in doing that, isn't He?

    xo, Me

    (aka Acacia)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...