12.18.2011

in which i have an epiphany

days of a decemberian. {2}

i think i realized this today. Christmas is in seven days. the day that we spend all year prepping for and gushing over is finally within our grasp. i haven't even gotten used to writing 2011 on all my papers. and now it's almost 2012. which means i'll have to adjust again. but i'm not complaining. in other news, i have gotten my white Christmas. 
Pinned Image
yesterday, daddy, joy and i went to the galleria very-very south in our town region. so south that the highway ran out. we got to the outlet mall, and low-and-behold, there was a gigantic mound of snow, with about one hundred kids playing on it. making snow angels, snowmen, eating hot chocolate and sitting on santa's lap. it just so happens that a truckload of snow was shipped from the north down to the ever-heated texans, and they dumped for us to play in. thus, i had my white Christmas. it was actually a bit chilly out so we went inside barnes & noble to sniff some books, and i walked out with two agatha christie's and an empty gift card. i am most definitely a happy girl. 
//
mommy and i volunteered at our local production of the nutcracker last night, and today it was a Latino Christmas carol. it was a full house both times, and so we stood for the whole of it. my heels hurt. now we're at home. after eating out countless times this week due to birthday coupons and the like, i finally get a chance to practice my piano. work on one of my Christmas presents. i'm starting to write again. i need to make a 16 before 16 list. i want starbucks really-really bad. and i have a candy cane inside my mouth. 
Pinned Image
so -kiss kiss kiss, hug the striped-
in other news, i really want to start using more of my pictures in posts. but because of my minor "ocd", i can't post any of them without them looking exactly the way i want them to. i really need a dslr. help.

6 comments :

  1. I feel your pain, shug. I feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as do i, as do i. need a dslr... for hanukkah, mom? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicee idea.. bringing in snow ;)
    i'm writing every day in my journal for a YEAR!! that way, i can remember everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...maybe I can order some snow from my relatives in Michigan. I don't think we'll be getting any snow too soon. I have had a few occasions when my pictures come out right. But who is ever very very happy with them... If there is someone introduce me pretty please? Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful ♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten use to writing 2011 either.:/ maybe 2012 will come easier!

    I'm glad you got your white Christmas! I'm afraid there is no snow in our forecast....

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, snow sounds so lovely. I want snow so bad. D;

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...