12.13.2011

one day closer

i think all of us girls have a passion in our heart for weddings. from a young age we've been to one once, maybe even have been in one, and we'd stare up at the bride watching every move she makes, then most likely decide to have a wedding of our own. so, instantaneously, the preparations begin. it has to be pink. in a castle. a pink dress, and pink people, and a pink cake, and everything. even the groom has to wear pink. {poor groom} but as time goes on i think our wedding plans are subject to change a little bit. the first man i ever wanted to marry was my dad. alot of little girls want to marry their dads when they're young. and that's a good thing, because that means their dad is setting the standard for the man they are eventually going to marry when they grow up. 

i remember at age nine i saw the first Chronicles of Narnia, and other than the fact that i was head-over-heels-in-love with peter pevensie, i wanted an all-things-narnia wedding. i would even find a talking lion to do the ceremony if i had to. it would be a formal wedding, in may or june, my dress would be silver, and sapphire blue and gold and he'd wear a sapphire blue pants and a silver shirt with the narnian insignia in gold on his chest, and his golden crown. my dress did change after a few years to an all white muslin dress, with an emerald green band around the waist, but it was all the same concept. 
Pinned Image
but now, at age fifteen {eek!} my plans have changed once again. and i think {hope, really} that this is it. my groom at the moment is missing-in-action, but when he finally comes home from the war {metaphorically speaking} i hope he will enjoy the plans that i have made out for him + me. because he gets absolutely no say whatsoever. {:P}
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
drinking out of mason jars with striped straws, doily bunting in every corner of your eye, crafty seating charts and vanilla cake and dessert tables, just to name a few. it's funny how we think our wedding is so far away, and yet, as we live, it is coming one day closer than the last... 

my dream wedding? it would have to be something like this. a vintage flair. serene. passionate. hints of travel. fun games. the smell of love. i think my groom is going to like this. 

-kiss kiss kiss, hug bunting of sorts-
{pee ess: in other news, i'm listening to my grandma's record right now. i don't think i ever want a cd again as long as i live.}

14 comments :

  1. This was so beautiful, Jocee!!

    And, you're right, we are one day closer. :)

    My wedding plans change all the time....haha. But they're always fun and beautiful, much like yours is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocee, I think you are my soul sister!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures made me sigh with longing. I hope that my wedding will be that beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all one day closer. :)

    I'm looking forward to that day when I meet my future husband, and that day when we unite as husband and wife.

    My wedding plans change all the time.
    I'll be wearing my mom's wedding dress, although we may have to re-size it, because was taller than me when she was my age. But it's looks vintage, so I'm thinking of a vintage wedding, but I'm still thinking on the colors. But I know I want a white bouquet.

    I'll be sharing my weddings ideas sometime this week on my blog. :)

    Alli
    Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I've officially invited myself to your wedding. And I'll bring some pink people, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it..you crakced me up with "the groom will have no say whatsoever." :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha. loved this post!
    I have no clue what my wedding will be like, or if I will even get married. But right now, I'd like a super simple wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so kind of you to say! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. all so beautiful! btw, i love the electric twist by a fine frenzy♥ (listening now.)

    i'm a new follower. you can check out my blog at http://cubettescorner.blogspot.com/ and follow, if you like =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Julia, I'm defiantly coming to your wedding! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't agree more. When my best friends and I hang out, we talk for hours, working out every little detail of our weddings, then move on to our house, number of children, order of children, and each of their names. I guess it's that thing about little girls that never really leaves us-- to be such dreamers and be so ready to grow up.
    Also, that wedding was g o r g e o u s . can I come? Pleaaaaase?? Thanks.

    xoxo,
    Lindsey Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. can i come to your wedding, please? won't it be in narnia? well, i know place that could be pretty close to being in narnia... right here, in england. come, dearest! [with your husband-to-be] and get married heeereee and i'll just have to pay for everyone's flight here/ [aw, well, IF i had the money.] don't you see? i dream a lot. :)

    but, really! i would love to attend your wedding... maybe be one of your wedding photographers? {i know you'd have many}

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your idea of your wedding now is awesome! Just how I would want mine...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh this is Beeeeaaaauuuuutiful!! Can I come, pretty please? You got me in the spirit, so I posted my own plans for my wedding, somewhat narnia themed like your old plans, but mostly medieval irish... actually, I even want emerald green too.. Funny.... anywhooo thanks for the light-hearted and beautiful post, dearie (:
    xoHk(:
    star-someday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...