3.06.2012

in which i try to forget that i have a cold.

as i type and as you do whatever it is you do at 11:46am now 1:29pm, i'm sitting in a hotel waiting for my mom to pick me up for the next panel to begin. if you must know, i'm at south by southwest edu. if you don't know what that is, google it. and if you don't know how to use google, i suggest you google that too.

sitting here waiting for mommy for the next panel wouldn't be half bad if it weren't for the fact that i may or may not have a slight cold. i spent the last hour and change in a conference {very good conference, i might add} trying not to sneeze and trying to conjure up some form of kleenex for my aching nose. fortunately i did not sneeze, and now that i'm out in the open where i don't have to speak in a hushed voice i'm doing alright. besides, who am i to complain since i'm sitting near starbucks!

as i type this sentence i realize that i don't know what else to say so i will leave you with a photo and some internal dialogue.
Pinned Imagesource
magical, no? current internal dialogue is as follows ::
evil: money was made to be spent on starbucks. go get some hot chocolate or tea! 
good: but i don't want to, because i don't want to spend my money right now. 
evil: but it'll make you look uber-sophisticated! and it'll make your nose feel better. 
good: okay, so, you're right. i should go get some starbucks. maybe a scone, too. 
evil: yes, yes! 
good: you sound like gollum.
evil: sigh. when at south by southwest? do as the southwestians. get starbucks. 

right. i think i'll get some starbucks later on. because quite frankly, what screams "sophisticated" more than brown oxfords, a macbook pro, and starbucks? my point has been prove. also, there's a grand piano next to me. i think i'm in love.

-kiss kiss kiss, hug carpet bag-
{pea ess: writing a letter to my older self. i'll post it soon.}
{pea pea ess: evil side won. i'm drinking zebra hot cocoa with loads of whipped cream.}

15 comments :

  1. sorry you're not feeling well! starbucks will make everything better ;)

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw sorry about your cold :( get well soon jocee! :D and have fun debating with gollum over starbucks. ;) can't wait to read your "letter to your older self."

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Gollum reference!!!! (What can I say, I'm a Lord of the Rings obsessed/crazy person.) I wish I could say I laughed out loud but I didn't, so I won't lie to you. I laughed on the inside. Or at least smiled.

    I can speak honestly when I say I've never, ever been to Starbucks. Ever. Is it any good? ;)

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need some oxfords, a macbook pro, and starbucks. I've never had any of those. (Crazy, I know.) Hope you feel better Jocee! I'm starting to get a cold... I think it's the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. go get the starbucks! :) hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sowwy you not feeling good!! :( ::hugs:: I'll be praying that you make a quick recovery! Starbucks helps too ;)

    By the way, I just wanted to thank you for having my link up on your Favorites page. <3 you don't know how much that means to me...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Except for the fact that you're sick...so get well soon!
    P.S. you inspired me to write a letter to my older self...i love the idea.(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. JOCEE. I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET SICK.

    Sigh... you have to listen to me next time, okay? ;]

    Also I would like some of that sophisticated starbucks rightnowplease.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! Hope you feel better! My mom is going to south by southwest this weekend!
    So you're they're for the movie part of it?
    She's going for the technology part.
    ~Selina~
    P.S. shoot me an email at spike95dancer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the evil side winning the hot cocoa! (just don't let it win in an extreme situation)

    adorable post dearie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. p.s

    i hope you feel much better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're SO funny, jocee! i fall head over heels laughing about your helarious, witty posts!
    i really hope you get better soon and i was sure you were going to give into the starbucks treat! that's just you : )
    Holly <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right side angel, left side devil. Funny struggle! You had zebra hot cocoalate..*mouth waters* Oh, I so want one... Also, I got more sick as well (sore throat to both a sore throat AND pink eye *Lord help me...*)

    =^..^=Hunteress=^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need my Starbucks and a huge blanket to nap in... :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...