3.28.2012

march the twenty-eighth, nineteen ninety-two.

today. twenty years ago. my mom donned her lace and puffed sleeves and my dad tied his bow tie and tucked in his shirt and they said i do. but most importantly, they didn't save me any cake. but i wasn't born. so i guess i don't have much control over that.

ever since i knew what a wedding was, i wanted to have one. i didn't really know anything about love, but i knew that God was going to pick the guy out and we were going to walk down the aisle and kiss {then gross}, and dance to cinderella music and eat cake. i remember watching my parent's old wedding vhs and thinking, i want one of those. why wasn't i there? i want my own wedding.

i remember mommy and daddy kissing all the time. it was gross, and it pretty much still is. i'd run between them and push them apart and then they'd kiss me. which was better. i remember them renewing their vows just so i would get some cake. that was fun, because i got to be the flower girl mommy never had. and the cake was delicious.

now, it's been twenty years. when the bluebonnets start to come out, it's the sign that one more year is almost here. i've been here for fifteen of those, and joy's been here for six. i'm pretty glad my parents got married, because if they hadn't, i wouldn't be here. oh right, joy wouldn't be here too. but anyway.

{photo and design by gracie, who's beastly.}

happy anniversary, parentses! you guys are really getting up there. i kid, i kid. 
-kiss kiss kiss, hug wedding bells-

11 comments :

  1. I am SO happy for you!! (and of course, your mom and dad) Time can fly by.
    By the way, nice fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPY anniversary to two super awesome people!
    i'm so glad that God brought them together, too. otherwise you wouldn't be here and joy wouldn't be here and life just wouldn't be the same.
    at all.
    and that would make me sad.
    so anyway, you're beastly too.
    xoxo,
    gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. gah! so cute! :D i saw the hunger games last night. SO GOOD!!! oh peeta... and gale... and rue...and that cato guy in the end.... okay. i'm done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... Happy Aniversity >(.".)< Jocee's >(.".)< mommy and daddy!
    P.S poem for Rue:
    Rue, Rue,
    always so true.
    Cute, adorable and I <3 heart <3 you.

    =^..^= Hunteress =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot emphasize the pure sweetness of this post. Aren't anniversaries the best?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this! My parents have been married for.... 18 years come May. And if they hadn't gotten married, me and my five brother + 1 unborn sibling would have never been here.

    Wedding dreams are fun, aren't they? :)

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaww! This is too dang cute. <3 <3
    I am *finally* following your blog! :D You have a really fantastic adorable way of writing. Oh, And I love your photography! ^_^ I'm looking forward to spamming this blog with comments. I hope you don't mind. I love comments though and like to leave them for other people. :D

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...