4.27.2012

a birthday letter for you.

dear william, 
first, i want you to know that i currently have cupcakes in my house and that i ate a red velvet one and a white chocolate raspberry one in your honor. i should hope that by the time you read this letter {if you do} you'll have eaten and/or made plans to eat a cupcake. because cupcakes are cool. amen.

i think i first saw you in july of 2005, back when the lion, the witch and the wardrobe previews were starting to turn up. i was eight years old then, and i remember wanting to see that movie with a passion. i wasn't sure if i was going to, however, because it was rated PG and back in those days the letters PG were a confidentiality zone. i think i begged my parents to let me go. and then, on december 9th, 2005 at 2:40pm, i did, with my best friends and my dad.

ever since then, you've been my favorite. i think with you came my forever love of british people. my knowledge of the existence of cadbury chocolate. the love of hot tea. the longing to reign in narnia. speaking of which, i've been there many-a-time. haven't i seen you?

my friends haven't been exactly supportive of my choice of movies and favorites. they say you've had your glory days and that they're over. that narnia has come and gone. i mean, people will talk. but that doesn't mean i have to listen to them.

on may 17th, 2008 at 2:25pm, i saw prince caspian. no matter what anyone says, i think that one was my favorite. the score, the acting, the suspense and the action. you have done your part in making my childhood absolutely timeless, and i thank you for that. even if you were only in voyage of the dawn treader for about 2min and 38sec, i enjoyed every bit of it.

so now it's seven years later, and you're 25. getting up there, i have to say. i'm 15 and narnia hasn't aged to me one bit. you just finished run and you're working on the selection, and i'm waiting for the day you win your oscar/present mine {film scoring} in about fifteen more years.

but seriously. you should totally have a cupcake.
happy 25th, william peter moseley. you're still my favorite.

-kiss kiss kiss, i have it sorted-
{pea ess: the concert. oh. man. the concert. like, dude the concert. john williams would be so proud.}

16 comments :

  1. Aww, happy birthday to W.M.! I'm not much of a Narnia fan though.
    Is there a Youtube video of the concert? It sounds beyond incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was too adorable! I can't believe you remembered the times that you went and saw the movies, unless you still have the ticket stubs. lol

    And ohmygoodnessgracious your header is FLIPPIN ADORABLE!!! Speaking of headers, are you done with mine yet?? :)

    Love ya,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. gah! the concert! i'll bet you sounded great! :D i so wish i had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Jocee, this letter is so sweet, you're so sweet! You should totally tweet this post link to William, he's going to read it... he HAS to!!!

    eve @ essence of eve

    ReplyDelete
  5. december 9th is my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute is that! you remember everything! ha, you are awesome, jocee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I love this so much!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is actually pretty cute, and i don't even fan girl {but i totally understand it!} i cannot believe he is 25!!! omigosh. Narnia was such a huge part of my development as a child, inspired me to no end. Me and my friends would get together and play it, i was always Lucy, and i always dreamed of having a brother as amazing as Peter ^_^
    love this post:)i still have my ticket stubs from the movies<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I love this. Jocee, have I told you I love your writing? I love your writing. You are just too cool. :))) And did you take that picture? It is amazing. It looks like something you would see on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday William. I think its cute how you still love him. I remember going to your house after watching the 1st movie and we decorated cupcakes for all of the stars. Ps: you owe me a cupcake.
    XOXOX
    Raven <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...I bet this would make him blush;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is cute. I can't believe how old he is.
    I looked up Tom Hiddleston, I now know what your always going on about!
    In fact it was your posts about the Hunger Games that made me become curious and eventually read the books.
    I'm glad you did! I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I got letters from you! They are the best, most beastly letters ever. And I love them. Are you actually sending this to him? Please tell me you are.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. May I just say I love your letters? I wish I got them..
    Also, please say he's gonna get this in the mail, cuz it'd be the beastliest letter he'll ever receive.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...