4.08.2012

i like quiet.

making peach cobbler has been postponed until later this evening, due to a spontaneous trip to the park by daddy and joy {he owes me and mommy pie crust from grandma's house}. mommy's napping in her room, and i just got back from an escapade into the backyard.

photography is like playing an instrument, really. it can be taken quickly, with excitement; allegro. or it can be done slowly, with care; adagio, ritardando. like on the piano, when the last note is played and you listen to the sound fading slowly into nonexistence. a fermata of sorts. photography is suspension of time. instrumental notes suspended, hanging in the air. the notes of life, i suppose. it's pretty cool, isn't it?

mommy's up now, she's sitting on the couch, and we're about to work on an essay that's due conveniently {i lie, totally not convenient} tomorrow. i hope daddy's home soon with that pie crust.

-kiss kiss kiss, leggo my eggo-
{pea ess: new blog design coming soon? i think yes.}

16 comments :

  1. happy easter, dear! and I lovelovelove your photography/music analogy. that's perfect, and since I love both, it was even more perfect. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm, peach cobbler is my daddy's favorite.
    i've grown so used to your blog design, i hope this next one tops it :)

    xo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that last diptych. :) Save me some cobbler, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have such creative posts. Seriously, where do you get all this creativity? I love how you just tell about life in your posts. And that's all I have to say. k bye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *love* that analogy! It's beautimous. :)

    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeep! these are gorgeous! and I'm sure I would appreciate your photography-music analogy if I had any musical talent... hehe :) happy easter, jocee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Olivia, where Di you manage to find all this creativity!? Lovely post and lovely photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your pictures are killing me. so good. LOVE the way you compared photography to music! eek! a new design? how exciting! I always get so excited when people do new designs. it's so...lovely!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Music anologies = beautiful melody to the soul. Love those photos, especially the first one. Simply beautiful. Umm.....Pie crust.....(:

    =^..^= Hunteress =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jocee dear, these are SO gorgeous! What did you name your camera?? I'm aching to know. Also, I say yes to a new blog design; you'll feel so much better after you re-design it. (At least, I did... I felt all fresh and new and clean, like the sweet sigh of a summer breeze.)

    xo, me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New blog designs are just peachy :) And I have to contain myself from driving over to your house and stealing your camera.

    -ryan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post!

    Jocee, I have a few questions, would you mind contacting me?

    gymcatgurl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey girly :) here's my new blog url:

    http://skybluefeathers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photography is looking very nice! I really love the first and second photo. I think it's something about the light, soothing colors that make me go, "WOW!" The comparison to music is quite clever too. :)

    I am a tad bit jealous of your afternoon. Peach cobbler? Uhmm...want to send a piece to NC? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I come every time I come across your blog I have a longing for cupcakes and peace? <3

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...