6.26.2012

maybe she was right | guestpost by olivia


The shutter clicked one last time and she relaxed her position in the flower bed, leaning her back against the low brick wall.  She was contented to sit there among the daisies and roses as they moved in the summer breeze.
These blooming buds had become her friends in this clandestine place.  If she never did anything else but photograph flowers, she would be happy.  This spot was so appealing to her and she hardly knew why.
Perhaps it was the colors - so vibrant and pure - like summer dresses on beautiful girls, like pieces of rainbow sewn on silken petals. 
Or maybe it was the way these buds fought to open, dared to be bold and show their unique designs.  It was how she hoped to be, but couldn't yet do.
She wanted to be bold, courageous, strong. Even she had something unique to show the world. Suddenly she was aware again - how strange to desire to become like a flower, how childish her mind could be. Shaking away all thoughts, she resumed her art, capturing, once again, photos of the blossoms.
But maybe ... just maybe ... she was right.
_______________________________________________________________
Hey there, I'm Olivia!  I like to call myself a hunter of beauty.  A photographer, writer, reader, artist, and Christian - that's who I am. I love early mornings, summer days, meadows during golden hour, sleepovers with great friends, and late nights with my sisters.  But, really, I just love to live life.  I blog over at Rise and Fly.

13 comments :

  1. Wow. I loved this. Beautiful words, Olivia, and breathtaking shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, Olivia! Wow, I love that one line...

    "or maybe it was the way these buds fought to open, dared to be bold and show their unique designs..."

    Beautiful, dear :)

    - Victoria @ Victoria Writes

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words of this post were so lovely!! ♥ And your photography? Stunning. I'm definitely checking out your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome guest post Olivia! :) I love the little story that goes with your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. Amazing.

    I love these photos, Olivia. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful! you are such a talented writer and photographer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful - love your writing Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was amazing and so cleverly done! and like the nicest shots i've seen of flowers in a LONG time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your pictures + your words = beauty

    That's all. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohmygoodness, Olivia. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i tell you the truth: i died when i read this.
    so. goshbubbling. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...