7.03.2012

how to make the most of your summer | a guest post

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It's what sunflowers do.
Summer is fleeting. I've learned this, and re-learn it, every year, as September arrives much too soon for my liking. And there's no worse feeling than looking back and seeing you didn't really have a good summer, like the one you wanted to. Here are the things that help me make the most of my summers:

1. Make a list. Maybe I'm just a perfectionist, but I love to make lists. They help keep me on track. Make a list of everything you want to accomplish this summer, and don't fret if you don't get to everything, because you likely won't. Just smile at what you did cross off.

2. Get off the computer. You've heard this one already and I'll tell you again -  turn off the computer. It's fine to go on for an hour or two, but it's easy to get sucked in to Pinterest or Tumblr and stay on for hours. Don't. Turn it off and be productive instead.

3. Have an adventure. Leave your phone or watch at home. Bring a snack, water, your camera, your journal, and maybe a friend or two. Go for a walk and stay outside for hours. Just wander. (Make sure it's not too hot out, though - stay safe and be reasonable. Warm weather can be dangerous)

4. Go somewhere. Even if you can't actually go out of your town, find an amazing place close to home that you've never been before.

5. Read a good book. Or two. Or twenty. Suggestions: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, A Long Long Time Ago and Essentially True by Brigid Pasulka,  A Little Ray of Sunshine by Lani Diane Rich.

Here's to an amazing summer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket 

Hey! I'm Kinga. I make videos, take photos, write, create things, and dream of moving to England and making films. I blog at the earworm and hope you'll stop by.

9 comments :

  1. JOHNGREENJOHNGREENJOHNGREEN.
    sorry. i just started fangirling when i saw that name. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe.. as soon as I saw "John Green" I thought hmmm... Jocee will love that and then I read Jocee's comment. :D Loved this kinga, and those pictures of you are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, LOVE this! I'm off to make a list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2 & #3 AMEN! I especially need to get off the computer more. It's so easy just to stay on alllll day when there's nothing to do, but there IS stuff to do (i.e. taking photos, walking around the neighborhood, etc.). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I agree with all of them - and I especially need to do more of 2 and 5. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TFIOS. And now you have me sobbing.

    Seriously, though, great post, Kinga! I love your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gagagahgah. yes. this is certainly perfection.

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for these ideas! I love the idea of making lists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh! I love adventures! It's a part of every season to go on a looooong hike, no matter what season. Life is in perspective then <3

    www.allthingsworkingwordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...