7.08.2012

travelling is good for the soul (a guest post by jess)



travelling is good for the soul. tremendously good.
having coffee in a new cafe, getting lost, seeing new faces, reading maps, eating sandwiches on the steps of an old building, walking, and just generally journeying.

I've done quite a bit of travelling in my life, even though I really feel as though I haven't. I always say to my dad, "dad, I want to see the world!" and he replies, "you have seen the world, jess.".
then I pout. and look at pictures of paris. because I haven't been to paris yet, dad.

but! even if it's only to another town or village or city in your state/country, it is still travelling. save up and take the train or bus to somewhere new and spend a day with some friends just messing around in a different and exciting place.
to satisfy my love for journeying, I have recently been to london to meet up with jenn (a blogger friend) and soon I'm going on a relaxing holiday to yorkshire.


do you have any travelling plans for this summer? tell me!
xox jess

hey there! I'm jess. I blog over at your truly, where I ramble about lots of good, weird and real stuff. 

I'm ridiculous. and way too talkative. and crazy loyal to my country.
I take photos, I write stories, I sing songs, I play music. and I love Jesus. so much. aaannnd, I'm a New Zealander living in England.

pop over to yours truly why dontcha? I'd love to meet you!

6 comments :

  1. this is lovely! gorgeous post and gorgeous pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo, I love making appearances in your life..er, posts. ;) and yo, I've been to Paris. hahahahahhaa. ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're the cutest. and your pictures make me squeal with delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post, jess!! YES, traveling is so good for the soul...and especially traveling to london! the best city holiday destination :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. jess, you are seriously soooooo adorable!!!!! :) and i flippin adore your accent, and your blog!! :) and sooo jeals that you got to go to london!! that is my dream land.

    love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...