11.28.2012

good lighting cannot be wasted.




good lighting cannot be wasted.
quote by carlotta cisternas.

i took these on the walk my family and i went on after thanksgiving dinner. i was going to talk about how walks are very important and they help you get a lot off of your mind, and how good lighting just cannot be wasted, but then, i started writing what you're about to hear above (or just heard), so that idea was out.

basically, this post is me reminding you that there is no light without darkness. there is no joy without sorrow. and that while the world changes and people are born and people die, the sun is a constant, because it always comes up. it's always darkest before the morning, darling. so please don't fret your pretty little head. there will be good days and bad days. that's just it. they will happen. but you can't let them get the best of you. romans 5:3-5. remember that verse. the Lord helped me through, and he can help you through, too. so. the photos above are my interpretation of the piece above. i hope you see the same thing i do. 

the song used is "riversong" from a fine frenzy's new album, pines. also, it's exactly fourteen days until my sixteenth birthday. i've been counting down since yesterday, the fifteenth last day i was fifteen. it's been a pretty good day.
-kiss kiss kiss, please believe me when i say-
{pea ess: i have news. i can't wait to share.}

24 comments :

  1. Beautiful!
    pictures are pretty much amazing.
    just saying.
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I love the one with your hand and the sun coming through. amazing :)

    kianabates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos make me think of the song "touch this light" by house of heroes (who are amazing, by the way). by which I mean to say, looovely. and also, if I'm correct about your news as seen on le facebook...AHHH CONGRATULATIONS! times a thousand. :) :) you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super lovely. And what a very good observation... "there is no light without darkest," etc <3 Wonderful job. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are amazing. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gah, I keep commenting with the wrong account!! ^
    beeeeaaaauuuutiful photos. I like them. a lot a lot. and also, your words are pretty much minty biscuits. WHAT IS YOUR NEWS??!! tellmetellmetellme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OKAY. So I was at my grandparents, and their house usually doesn't have the best lighting, but there was this one room where the sun was literally SO beautiful. I can't even describe it. BUT. I didn't have my camera. And I still lose sleep over not taking advantage of that light 3 weeks later.
    That really had nothing to do with this post.
    But that lighting up there in your photos? GAH. And also your writing? GAH.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photography has really taken off! I love it! Did you buy VSCO or are you still doing trials? ;) I love this post, just what I needed. I love these photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful shots!! love your photography style. :)

    -Carli

    p.s. can't wait to hear your news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are amazing! Love the quote Carlotta!
    Also, Jocee, I love the reminder you wrote, it's so easy to just focus on the bad. but the darkest nights make the brightest stars ;)
    also, happy early birthday!
    xx Natalia

    http://elantheblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtakingly beautiful, m'dear. The sun, the light, is a wonderful thing of hope. You leave me in awe with those sunset photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just perfect. I definitely get what you're saying. Actually, today was one of those days that God reminded me of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so true. Good lighting like that you've captured can NEVER be wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These shots are absolutely amazing. and this is a great reminder to all of us, thanks for sharing! (can't wait for the news ah) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Beauty that makes my heart go pitter-patter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, these shots are SO BEAUTIFUL. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pictures, and your words and everything about this is lovely dear heart. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. these photos are FANTASTIC. love the lighting and everything about them.

    and WHATTTTT? you're fifteen? i thought you were older than that! :]

    ReplyDelete
  20. WHY IS THIS SO GOOD. Seriously, your words reallyreallyreally touched my soul and I'm getting realllly emotional now.

    x acacia
    pea ess: you better done tell us that news!! asap, girl, 'cause I'm a-dyin' to know.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ps happy soon-to-be-birthday! YOU'RE JOINING THE 'I'M SIXTEEN CLUB AND THAT'S SO COOL. (sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO excited for your sweet sixteen, doll. it's gonna be epic. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Um wow, these are kinda stunning shots..
    HAPPY ALMOST SWEET SIXTEEN!!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...