12.24.2012

“all children, except one, grow up.”

untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
untitled
quote from j.m. barrie's peter pan.
i can feel it now, unlike before. you know, the "Christmas spirit." i have this feeling in the pit of my stomach and it's telling me, "it's almost Christmas it's almost Christmas it's almost Christmas." i don't know when it came. i surely didn't feel it at the beginning of the month when the world was 'free' to listen to Christmas music. but now that it's here, it's as though it never left.

maybe it came when we made the 3 hour drive to grandma and grandaddy's. maybe it came when i hugged uncle q and aunt mary for the first time. maybe it came when i saw the present under the tree, or when joy and grandaddy added some more decorations to it. or when mommy, daddy and i did some last minute shopping. it doesn't really matter. the point is, now that the feeling is here, i feel like a little kid again. like the quote, all children but one grow up. and i am that one. and i didn't think i'd feel this way because i hardly wanted to decorate the tree at my house this year. and because of some... developments that have happened in the past few weeks, i thought this Christmas would be different. but you know what? i'm okay. i'm fine. i'm great. i'm fantastic. i'm freaking grool! (#ehehe) and tomorrow is Jesus' birthday. so why should my petty issues get me down? i'm celebrating Him and the fact that God gave Him to me, that i might be cleansed of all the crap i've... uhm... crapped up.

the photos above are snippits of my december. small portraits that have gotten me where i am now: the grandparents' house, sitting next to aunt mary and joy and watching home alone. i am so thankful for the people that constantly inhabit my life and the people that pass me by, because maybe they'll become the most special thing in the world to me sometime in the future. so on that note, happy Christmas (eve).
-kiss kiss kiss, omg santa i know him-

15 comments :

  1. Jocee, these are superdedupergood. Like I can't even explain how wonderful.
    You are amazing. End of story. Especially for adding that Elf reference in there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely december! merry christmas to you and yours jocee! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw the blog title, I was all "Peter Pan." I guessed right, didn't I? ;)

    Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays (which ever one suits your fancy).

    Love,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. kiss kiss, Merry Christmas darling! You're certainly a great Christmas gift to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "omg santa i know him"! Love it! Merry Christmas Jocee!! I haven't been on Blogger in forever, and I can't believe how far you've come! Well, I can believe it, but you get what I mean. :) I remember when you were just starting out...you've built quite a following since then! You're so ridiculously lovable though that it's no surprise :)
    Anyways, Merry, merry Christmas!!
    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe, thanks girl! this is so sweet. i've missed your kitten/puppy/random infested posts. and yes, i just had to put the elf reference in there.

      Delete
  6. did you take that first blue / purple bokeh picture?! #noway #crazyamazingphotographer
    i absolutely adore your photography skills. ♥ seriously. and oh, by the way...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quote! :) This was a really awesome post.
    The sixth and seventh pictures are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! What were your shutter-speed/aperture settings for the bokeh photos? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um... i don't even know. considering the fact that all the bokeh photos were sources of light (Christmas lights, Christmas trees), i didn't really have to change anything from my normal settings. the lens i currently shoot with is the 18-55mm, and the aperture on that is usually like... 5.6 or something like that (honestly i don't pay that much attention to it). my shutter speed was probably at 1/50 or 1/60, because i like a good quick shot without a blurry photo or bokeh that is too bright, you know? ugh, that sounds so technical. but yup! that's the answer :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for this! Happy New Year!

      xoxo|annika

      Delete
    3. another really easy way to get bokeh shots is to set the camera to manual and put the lens out of focus. :)

      Delete
    4. Yeah! I do that all the time, Candace, since I mostly shoot on manual/aperture priority. :)

      Delete
  9. gah, your pictures, jocee. just, gah. amazingness.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...