downton abbey gifs instead of a photo because my mother loves downton abbey and she is always right.
- mommy: "jocelyn, i'm training you to be excellent. you'd be surprised how little it takes to be excellent in this world. it takes so little it's not even funny! and it takes even less to be above average. and right now, you're above average. most teenagers (though you're not a teen, you're a young adult), hardly hear it when someone asks them to do something. less do it, and maybe one or two out of the mix ask if they can do anything else to help. but since you're a young adult, and you're above average, you do what i ask, when i ask it, without huffing or puffing or blowing the house down."
- me: "...this is such a random conversation. where did this come from?"
- mommy: "you know me. when i think of something i say it. but anyway, i'll give you an example. when we were in the car on the way to volunteer at the long centre, and i told you to hand me my purse, which was in the backseat. i needed to floss my teeth, i told you. so you grabbed my purse, but instead of just handing it to me (and i was driving), you took the time to take the dental floss out of my purse and hand it to me. that is being above average."
- me: "so if i just threw the purse at you i'd just been a normal teenager?"
- mommy: "no, a normal teenager wouldn't even hear me."
- me: "so if i want to be excellent, i have to offer to floss your teeth for you?"
true story, ladies and hiddlestons. the reason i post this is because it's my mom's "29th" (#ehehe) birthday, and she's a pretty legit mom if i do say so myself. even if she really doesn't share her food with me that much. so here's to you, mommy! and i still like loki. #youmad #idowhatiwantexceptidontdowhatiwantbecauseyouremymom #awkward #peaessthisiswhatahashtaglookslike
-kiss kiss kiss, box of cats-