12.08.2012

like dust that coats the abandoned bookshelf.


original photo
"like dust that coats the abandoned bookshelf, the snow comes, sprinkling and fertilizing the cedar trees with the hope that spring can not be too far behind." -me
this is winter's mixtape. i didn't end up making one for all of you nano writers out there (great job, you guys! 50,000 words is a great accomplishment), so here's my take on winter. consider it my Christmas present to you. listen while doing schoolwork, decorating the house for Christmas, drive to + from work, cooking and baking, reading, babysitting littles, or taking a walk down the street [wearing short sleeves to catch the cold nesting in your skin]. have a nice weekend. 

1. all that i want - the weepies
2. the Christmas waltz - she & him
3. o tannenbaum - vince guaraldi trio
4. santa baby - eartha kitt
5. in the bleak midwinter - the honey trees
6. ave maria - beyoncé
7. little soldier - mindy gledhill
8. maybe this Christmas - ron sexsmith
9. baby it's cold outside - zooey deschanel and leon redbone
10. the violet hour - the civil wars
12. the Christmas song - she & him


-kiss kiss kiss, you go glen coco- 

16 comments :

  1. ohmystars girl!! I love this, and I really need that font.. can you tell me what the name is? I am slightly addicted to fonts. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bombshell pro by emily lime! it's a premium font, so you have to pay for it. :)

      Delete
  2. That font is ohso pretty! Was it reasonably priced? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uh, no, not at all. it was like $34 dollars or something. :P

      Delete
    2. How can you afford that font for $34.......and you can't afford Flickr for $20?!???:)

      Delete
    3. I didn't think of buying flickr.... goshbubbles. My birthday is coming up, though, so i'll have money soon :)

      Delete
  3. SO glad you put some Zooey in there. Mhhm, she's got some vocal cords!




    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me, I'm loving this mixtape. I am totally obsessed with "All that I want" by the weepies now. Thanks for sharing Jocee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. best christmas mixtape ever!!
    yeah, thatnk you sooo much for sharing!! this makes my sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Leanna Kay! The song is pretty amazing!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful typography! :) And I love Baby It's Cold Outside! :)
    Kimmy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. *flickr is $25. just making that known, cause I paid that much and it hurt my soul a lot. ;-)

    When I saw your post and your mixtape I was all like: asdjfhnjladsfjkasdhf in my head. And bombshell is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok ok ok. Hands down, I like your playlist the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. listening to the mixtape right now! :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...