12.14.2012

there are no words.

there are no photos, there is no poetry, or any form of art for that matter, to fluff up the tragedy that pretty much cursed this day. there is no way to make this okay, there is no way to make it seem not that bad. it is what it is, and because of the lives lost we should not try to water it down because sometimes bubbles have to be popped, and we need to know of the evil that radiates in this world. with that being said, i am not saying that this needed to happen. on the contrary, none of this should've happened. with all of the shootings that have plagued america this year alone, you'd think that december would be a calm, peaceful and inviting month. not to say this should ruin it for us, but we need to know. the details are so heartbreaking and gruesome that i actually threw up when i heard the news. and with that being said, we need to pray. we need to lift up those involved, and those not involved. we need to give everyone to God. 

WE CAN REJOICE WHEN WE RUN INTO PROBLEMS AND TRIALS, FOR WE KNOW THEY DEVELOP ENDURANCE, WHICH DEVELOPS STRENGTH IN CHARACTER, WHICH STRENGTHENS OUR CONFIDENT HOPE OF SALVATION. AND THIS HOPE WILL NOT LEAD TO DISAPPOINTMENT, FOR GOD LOVES US DEARLY.- ROMANS 5:3-5
Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:6
 I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]; I will come [back] to you. John 14:18

i'm sorry. i thought i would just leave it at this but i have something else to say. 

i love my sister. i love her so much. i prayed to God, asked Him for her. i was nearly 9 years old when she came into my life. i was so happy, because before that, i was lonely. everyone else had siblings and someone to talk to and play with, and i was an only child. the only people i had wear my friends, but i only saw them on sundays and wednesdays at church. so now, joy is 7 years old. i admit, we don't get along as well as we should. it's my fault and it's hers, and we could both probably make a mutual effort to be nicer to each other. but you know how siblings are. and yet, i love her. i don't say it often or express it well, but i do. i do. and what i would do if i were never able to see her again, i don't know. i am afraid to know. and like losing a best friend, no one should have to know. so, keep them close. not just your siblings. keep your parents close. keep everyone you care about close. but don't start when your or their life is threatened, love them everyday. tell them everyday. give them a hug and a kiss. not just because those in connecticut cannot hug or kiss some of their kids anymore, but because you can. so please. please. 

-kiss kiss kiss, this is what it means-
{pea ess: listen, listen, listen, listen, listen.}

17 comments :

  1. ditto Paola. your words are so fitting, and so is that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live less than an hour away from this- it's a true tragedy and a true horror. My heart to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen. i needed that. i was sobbing reading the news and watching the interviews. it was terrible, disgusting. no one should do that. no one should have to witness that. but things happen. our world is inhabited with evil people. and bad things happen to good people. innocent people. i dont even know what i'm writing, i just am. my brothers and i get along pretty well. however my sister and i dont. even though i still have them all i still feel guilty for every mean thing i have ever said or done. more then ever do we need to just say "i love you" remind them that we care, thank God that they're in our lives. i cant even imagine what their families are going through and will go through. its horrifying. im sorry for the long ramble. i needed to get that all out, so thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened was so terrible and disgusting it made my heart hurt all day. :( You put the pain into words so beautifully and relevant. If anything happened to any of my family - siblings, cousins, etc - I can't even imagine what I'd do. I'm continually disgusted by all of these shootings happening - it's horrible. But I am so thankful we have a God to keep us safe, and to lean on when the pain does happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was soo sad...

    BTW I am having a BIG Christmas giveaway on my blog! Check it out!
    Emmaspic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to cry, bawl, actually. tears are welling up in my eyes now.

    i only just heard of this - the news just came to england. and i'm finding it hard to take it in.

    thank you so so so much for the verses, jocee. they mean a lot to me.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was absolutely awful! I just can't believe that someone would just do that. for no reason.

    I have five younger siblings and one on the way, and I love them to death. If one of them died in something like this I don't know what I would do.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This needed to be said. My mum and I cried when we heard the news over here, it's just so heartbreaking. We're all praying x

    ReplyDelete
  9. well said, hon, and beautiful choice for a song. =)

    i've been praying nearly nonstop for all of the families who lost loved ones yesterday. it was just so violently pointless... but we know that ALL things work together for good for those Who love Him, and walk according to His ways. we need to have faith that while it was awful, it happened for a reason, and continue to lift up our country in prayer. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you already heard this on Facebook, Jocee. But I thought I should share it on here if that's alright. :)

    I think the reason why these things happen is because, as a church, we have lost the fear of God.

    As Christians, it is our responsibility to stand up for righteousness sake, and to let people know that hope is not lost, but can be found in Christ alone. (John 4:16)


    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it was really nice of you to post about this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen again and again. It's such a tragedy I can't begin to take it in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely words.. I can't and don't think I'll ever be able to find the words either..

    ReplyDelete
  14. my brother had to tell me twice what happened, because i couldn't believe my ears the first time. how awful... i have been praying for those families. i hope some of them, at least, know the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This made me tear up. So so true. Watching the news Friday morning I just sat on the couch and cried. I was praying through my tears and my heart was hurting so bad. I didn't even know what to do. I just kept praying. God is sovereign.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...