10.25.2013

dear everyone i ever really knew.

Untitled
dear person i like,
i always thought i needed you to be occupied. that without you, 
i would be lonely with no reason to look forward. 
despite the way raspberry lip gloss and tuesdays remind me of the butterflies you gave, 
it’s nice to know that i can survive—no, thrive on my own. 
dear person i liked,
i let you go.

dear ex-best friend,
we’re going to have to find you a new title.

dear best friend,
i remember the day you surprised me at connect. 
i spent the entire week preparing to spend those extra few hours without you,
but you came and my lack of poise betrayed me. 
i still remember how you wore your hair and what shirt you were wearing. 
dear best friend, 
come back; we both hate football anyways.

dear santa [mom & dad],
i just want a cello and a sleepover.

dear future me,
don’t forget to eat.
dear past me,
prepare to be amazed.

dear person i occasionally envy,
i’m working on it.

dear future lover,
do not touch my food.

dear all of you,
i would tell you to come back, but i know you never left.

adapted from a tumblr prompt. i haven't written letters in awhile, 
 and Lord knows i can never get them in the post. 
-kiss kiss kiss, WTFox say-
{pea ess: title via deer by the manchester orchestra.}

11 comments :

  1. i think what i love best about the way you write is the fact that you leave it all bare and relate well to others without actually divulging any of your secrets.
    don't ever change, love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome. i need to do something like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I copied the dear person I like/liked into my journal because you are a brilliant writer and you described exactly what I have felt. excellent Jocee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes that's what I feel the need to do, too. <3

      Delete
  4. really really like this, Jocee... like, a lot, and as you say, I have lots of feels for this.

    xo,
    rn
    www.rachelnicoleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mentions of food has made me crave mint ice cream and pizza and potato salad and gahhh *headdesk*

    Anyway. These letters were nice to read.
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was just thinking yesterday that it's time i write to some people myself.
    these are brilliant, darling. thanks for a bit of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really love your blog!


    /
    christian | my blog : www.christianyuen.blogspot.com
    greetings from hong kong
    peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ditto everyone else. beautiful, inspiring, pleasure to read as always. you're an incredible human being.

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear jocee,
    we've never met. we've never spoken.
    but i've come to a conclusion.
    you intrigue me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Youuu quoted Manchester Orchestra. So I think we can definitely be friends.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...