2.25.2011

day 25: a recipe

Before I go on any further, let me say: Father, have mercy on them, they have NO IDEA what they're doing. 
A recipe? Really? Yes, I cook/bake. Alot. I mean, alot alot. But, the bummer is, my camera is very evil, so I can't post pictures of what I made. Bummer. I say that too much. Seriously, I said that every five seconds a few days ago. Okay, moving along, that was wayyy off subject. 
So, what I chose...(thank you God for helping be) is my baked honeycrisp apples. You know, those really huge, gorgeous, yummy (expensive) apples you get at the grocery store. 
Since I don't really have pictures for you, I'm going to post a picture of what looks most like my apples:

Yep. That's what they look like. Okay, so here we go!!

Ingredients:
  • 2 or 3 Honeycrisp apples (you can't get them all year round, so any apple will do)
  • 1/4 cup of flour 
  • 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg
  • About 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice
  • About 2 tablespoons of sugar
Instructions: (bear with me, y'all)
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. 
  2. Cut the honeycrisp apples into slices and set them into a bowl. 
  3. Put two tablespoons of the orange juice onto it (so the apples won't turn brown). 
  4. Sift the flour lightly into the apples and orange juice to thicken it. 
  5. Spread the cinnamon and nutmeg evenly onto the apples, and do the same for the sugar. 
  6. Pour the last tablespoon of orange juice into the bowl, and stir it around with a light spoon. 
  7. Take out a cookie sheet, and spread some aluminum foil on the top. (Parchment Paper works, too)
  8. Lay the apple slices onto the cookie sheet and put it into the oven.
  9. Bake for 6-10min, or until browned. 
  10. Take it out, and enjoy!!
I haven't made these in awhile, so hopefully I did it right. *phew* When I made this, I estimated...it tasted really good. I need to learn how to write things down.

Anyway, I hope you like it!!
While the apples are baking, drool over these:
I love the ring on top!! Don't you? Good, we all love it!


P.S. I survived this post! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!! *dance party*


Photobucket

4 comments :

  1. I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm oh my goodness. Someday, I'm coming back to this post, and I'm making that. Because it looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...