2.06.2011

day 6: a moment you wish you could relive

I think alot. Actually, I think I think too much. See what I mean? I thought about this post for hours and hours and hours and realized I overlooked a moment that has become very special to me in my life. Yeah, I'm a girl, but very unlike alot of the other posts you'll see on this topic, the moment I wish I could relive is probably more happy than sad/sentimental. Okay, it's sentimental, but I reallyreally am glad I made the decision I did.


When I was really young (around five years old) I wanted to become a tennis pro like Venus and Serena Williams, well, my mom put me in lessons, and to be honest, I'm not sure if I was good, or not. I can't remember. When I turned six, my mom gave me a choice. Swim team, or tennis lessons, since I couldn't do both. I was six, so I chose swimming, thinking I'd play with a noodle all day. Now, it's eight years later (I'm fourteen), and I wish I could relive that moment, because I didn't know then that I'd experience so much joy, and hardship (yes, hardship) during these eight years. I love swimming, and I wish I could've thought longer on my decision (even though I was six) for its possibilities, rather than its activities. Maybe I'm asking a bit too much of myself, but back then, I didn't think that just one decision would bring me to where I am now. Since that decision, I've done great things and been to great places and met great people, and had I not made that decision...where would I be now? I hope I haven't strayed from my point. 


Who knew God's plan would take you places you couldn't even imagine?


-Jocee <3
(All pictures property of other websites. I do not own them.)

2 comments :

  1. Ooh, that's a lovely memory! How cool, to be able to look back and see something that started so much good in your life! :D

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine was very sad, I guess... Or thats what Lys told me. I thought it was more bittersweet.
    Love your "momemt" though.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...