2.08.2011

day 8: a thank you letter to someone who has changed your life

Okay, I'm about to get a little personal. But, I'm a girl, I'm entitled to it...hehe. I thought a long time about who I was going to write this letter to, and I was thinking about the people I'd met in the last...year or so. Then, I found it! I met this girl, her name was Becca, at Christian Camp last year, and we hit it off. After about two days we were hanging out everywhere. Then one day she had a mental breakdown, and we went into the Prayer Garden and she just told me everything that she'd been holding back inside of her. By the time it was all over, we both had been crying. She changed my life in such a way, and showed me that there's actually a devil. Not a mirage of an evil one, the devil. And it was like I was living in a shadow, and that night I got down on my knees and thanked God for his protection, because if it weren't for him, who knows where I would be write now? My life would more likely be in shambles, and I wouldn't be able to take it anymore...so this letter is for Becca. I doubt she'll read it, but I'm writing it anyway.


Dear Becca, 

It's been a long time. A very long time. I wish I had some way to communicate with you, because your influence on my life has been...something I can't really put into words. That day, when everything seemed to break loose; the dam was crumbling into pieces, and we weren't strong enough to stop it, something clicked inside of me. It was like...a spark, that said, you've been living in...a world where you don't worry, because you force yourself not to. I didn't like that world. Now, I don't worry, because someone already carried that burden for me, and I know now that I don't have to. Neither do you. 
I'm not sure where you are, how you are...or even if your alive, but I want you to know you changed my life, in more ways than both of us could ever imagine. And I love you. You may not read this letter with your own eyes, but I hope it gets sent to your heart. I pray for you everyday and I hope I'll see you again this summer. 

With Love and Prayers,
Jocelyn
P.S. I would travel the world, just to find you and say "I love you" again. 

Shoot, I'm now officially crying. Hey, today's challenge was to write a thank you letter to someone who changed your life. Okay, that may have been a more, "I love you, Praying for you" kinda letter, but I needed to write it. If you feel weird by reading this, don't, it's not really that personal. 
On a more happier note, I have this pretty cool post that I'll be writing later on today, so stay tuned!!


-Jocee <3
(All pictures property of other websites. I don't own any of them.)

3 comments :

  1. How on EARTH did I miss your blog? All of it just makes me smile and gives me warm fuzzies in my stomach. It's a lovely thing you've got going on here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how precious! :')

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how sweet! My "letter" was to Lys... she started to tear up reading it!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...