2.14.2011

of roses and violets...

And so commences the day of love potions, spells, flowers, chocolates, chubby babies with wings dropping arrows on people heads...it's the day of luv. Not love. Luv. What people think is love. When the desperate teenage girls see psychics that tell them who they're going to the prom with...when the desperate adult women just...go crazy, in ways I'm glad I do not know. Where the guy's emotions go haywire, or they sit around like lazy bean bags. Or, if they're still little, they make a paper heart necklace for they're mom...or a girl they like at school. But it's not really...love. You know, actual love. 


Love. A noun. To be fond of. A strong affection or devotion to a person, or persons. 


*cough*cough* That's the Charlie Brown definition, but doesn't it say something? You know, a strong affection. Not the Judy Jetson, "I love Billy he's so out of this world!" then, like a day later. "Oh, Billy is so old. I bet he walks on the ground." That's not love. That's..not even luv. 


So, I'm sitting here drinking a cup of apple cinnamon tea, and eating a leftover cupcake (I told you I'm obsessed), and writing this post. When I woke up this morning the first words I spoke were, "I love you Daddy God!" Because he loves me. For me. Not luvs me one day, then luvs my sister the next. (That would be soooooo messed up). Loves. 


But, on a more happier note, my "What Should I Do For Valentine's Day?" poll is over, and I'm going to be..*Drumroll on keyboard* (I spent 3min erasing all the jibberish I typed down). I'm going to be putting a love note in a bottle and throwing it in the sea/ocean/creek/whatever. It sounded more "romantic" on the poll. (By the way, don't you just LOVE this picture?!!?)
I've waited quite a long time to put this picture up. I love it. So much. Weird, and I was just talking about love, and luv. Ugh, you know what I mean!! 


Just because I'm me, I'm probably going to do all the tasks on the poll. And watch Narnia. Because I have to. Not to mention, Peter Pevensie/William Moseley. *Screams, swoons* Wow, moving swiftly along. If you can't guess who I'm writing the note to by now...*cough cough* WOW. 


By the way, I'm listening to this song: 
Happy Valentine's Day all!! More posts to come!! (About cupcakes *laughs Gollumy/monstery even though those are the same thing*)


-Jocee <3
P.S. The Narnian ball's today!! Ahhh!! *slips quietly into the wardrobe*
(All pictures are property of other websites. Sadly, I don't own them.)







1 comment :

  1. Jocee, I just love you, haha! Your posts make my day so much brighter <3
    And yes, I agree, it is about "luv" as opposed to "love". Hmmm. How wrong!
    And I adore that picture! I've "hearted" it like, 3 times on purpose, just so I can see it all the time, haha!
    And that song is so beautiful. And so is Peter Pevensie. Okay, I'm now done with this super long comment. :D

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...