5.29.2011

The Bliss Factor {Guest Post: iGirl/Dani}

happiness –noun
the quality or state of being happy.
good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.

bliss - noun

1. perfect happiness; great joy

joy - noun

1. A feeling of great pleasure and happiness. 
sooc

ecstatic - adjective
 1. Feeling or expressing overwhelming happiness or joyful excitement
sooc
simplicity - noun
1. The quality or condition of being plain or natural.



Summer. It's the time we've all been waiting for since Christmas and now it's finally here. We're done with finals and test and quizzes and catching up on reading. It's finally summer and all we want to do is sit out in the sun and tan (or put sunscreen on and hope for minimal sunburns). Everything is just so good and we can't get enough of it. The sun is shining through the clouds and casting little rays of light in the kitchen through the window.

Then little worries start to creep in, they leave us thinking what about next school year? What about that class? What if I flunk math? What if I mess something up really badly? They start to skew our summer, the thoughts seeping in at the edges like mixing reds with whites in the laundry. It doesn't work. We zoom out of our picture perfect summer and see the clouds hanging over head.
We start to focus on the knitty-gritty things and forget about the lovely-happy things like reading a good book, finding a great deal on a shirt you really like and making cookies with your sibling. Summer becomes the break of worry in between school and more school or work and more work. Hello? Wake up!


Here comes the sun
We don't need to worry about the little things because God will take care of them and he tells us not to worry. We need to enjoy what we have, this is the time when we have the most freedom out of all other times of the year, for most people. I spent almost all of last summer worrying about things but then it's gone. If we trust in God that things will work out the way he wants them to we don't need to worry about it.


As we get older, our lives get more complex and there are more things we have to think about. We used to be able to ride our bikes for hours on end and not get bored, now we have to think about having a healthy dinner. Now we have responsibilities and jobs sometimes.


Who says we can't still have a simple summer? The sun is out and we don't have to worry about anything, let's lose the worrying contest!

This is what I call the bliss factor. We don't need a cluttered life with a lot of things going on, sometimes all we need is a deck of cards or something else that's lovely-happy. Sometimes all we need is a cupcake! For some people, being busy is a nice thing, I love being busy. But in the summer it's time for relaxing because the sun is out and we're ready to have fun!


Now, before you're done reading this post I would like to share some lovely-happy songs and some lovely-happy things. To me, at least.

Songs:
Race you by Elizabeth and the Catapult
Speak by Reilly
anything by OneRepublic, cause all their songs are awesome.
Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble
Fallin' for you by Colbie Calliat

Things:
Making cookies
Mother/sister manicures
Getting a nice notebook
Writing down song lyrics
Making words out of twigs
Blowing bubbles

Now, try something out and let the worries slip out of your laundry basket because it's summer and the sun it out.


Photobucket

iGirl/Dani: I dance. I love. I write. I sing (not well). I love God. I read. I want to live in a city. I have health issues. I play with play-dough. I listen to music. I write emails. I like surprises. I hope. I love peace signs. I smile. I laugh. I don't like my voice. I rant. I'm not perfect. I blog. I act. I doodle. I cook. I sew. I desperately need a savior no matter what and I'm living to glorify Him.

This post was so inspiring!! I hope y'all liked it :)) iGirl writes from the blog iDream, and it's such a sweet place that always makes me smile. I love how she always has something nice to say, and that's one of the reasons I asked her to guest post for this blog party. So, hop along over to her blog and follow!! Hope you're all having a great day :))
P.S. The first award will be announced later today, so stay tuned ;)

4 comments :

  1. Dani, you've done it again. What a sweet, uplifting post. Wow, even with all the rain and dismalness of my own corner of the world today, you've made me feel like things are beautiful anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post!! I loved it!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks Jocee :) I'm so honored to have gotten to opportunity to post on your blog :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a nice post! It made me feel more. . .uplifted? Is that a word? I believe it is.
    =D

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...