6.10.2011

this totally goes against code but i think it's worth it

As my hectic day comes to a close, and tomorrow shall being yet *another* hectic day, I sit in my dad's office swivel chair and browse my usual websites. 
I know I'm breaking my rule once again (promise, my next post will be what YOU decided!! I don't know if it'll be tomorrow, though...), but this is something that I really want to tell.
So, today my mom and Joy and I were driving home from the library (I got two new Ted Dekker books today!! EEEK!!) and my mom saw smoke in the sky. We started driving towards it just to make sure everything was okay and there was a fire. Like, an actual fire. It looked like it started in the backyard and a part of the fence was devoured in seconds. So, I called 911. I called 911. I've seen people do those distress calls in the movies, and it wasn't really like that. They answered and were very encouraging, and I gave them the address of the house, and they were on their way. I went home before the fire department got there, but I couldn't help but feel a little shaken up and a little anxiously excited about what had just happened. It wasn't like the movies, it was real. Something was being consumed by bright red flames before my eyes. It was scary. But, I know I did the right thing.
Here's my mood photo for the day:
My mood song:
My mood quote:
Whether AM or PM, it's 11:11 somewhere. And at 11:11, I wished for you. 





3 comments :

  1. Whoa. I've had that feeling before; where something strikes you so deeply and you can't forget about it. You just have to keep rolling it over in your mind, trying to figure it out. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's awesome :) What Ted Dekker books did you get? I absolutely love him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i called 911 when i was really little--for no reason. i dialed, hung up, and then they called back and were like "did you call 911?" oops..... :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...