7.29.2011

beautiful

I was browsing my tumblr  and I was feeling really down in the dumps when I was doing this. I didn't feel worthy, and well, I just didn't feel beautiful. There are so many beautiful people in the world, and I didn't think I was one of them. And then I saw this, and I kinda thought "Wow. That's amazing. And it's actually true." So, I thought I'd share it with y'all:
Yes, I had to replace a word with cheesepuff. But, a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do. I love how she responded to this question. It's very true. 
So maybe there's this guy you like in school and he has a girlfriend who just happens to be absolutely gorgeous. As in, she could probably win the Miss America title in a landslide, and there you are not even bothering to enter, because you feel you're not good enough. Well, guess what? Someone thinks you are. It may not be you, but that's okay. Because someone else does. And you can count me as number one. I'm not going to say not to ever think that you're not beautiful, because when someone is told not to think about something, they automatically start thinking about it. But I am going to say, when you don't feel beautiful, remember that someone else thinks you are. 
By the way, God thinks you're the most beautiful person in the world. He thinks that about everyone. Whether they cut themselves or dye their hair in the most not-so-epic-fail rainbow you've ever seen. He loves us all equally. And yes, "us" includes you too. It's kind of like that song Bruno Mars sings: "You're amazing, just the way you are." That's what God is saying to us each and everyday. He's saying "I love you. You're so amazing. I created you in my image. Don't try to change. You're beautiful just the way you are. You don't have to change for me." Whether we choose to listen or not, he's still saying it. 

Just something to think about. 
{pee ess: I need six guest posters for this upcoming Monday - Saturday. Interested? Put your email address in a comment, and I will email you! I have ONE more spot left for guest posting! Put your email address in a comment and I will email you! [please specify if you don't want your comment published]}

8 comments :

  1. jocee, i really needed this post :) thank you so much!
    and i would love to guest post. ;)
    hgulley12@gmail.com
    ta-ta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you mark out the cus word "hell" it's not that bad???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah: Thanks, girl! I shall email you :))
    Destiny: Thanky you :))
    Anon: It actually wasn't that word, it was a different word.
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following you on tumblr!!! Follow me back??

    becuzhelivestumblrcom.tumblr.com

    I mainly post Narnia, so I'm sure you'll wanna follow a fellow Narnian, right??? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guest post, please?
    You have my email.

    FANTASTIC post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to guest post(:
    kaybug3721@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful post. also inspiring and exactly what i needed to hear ♥ thankyou

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...