7.04.2011

Spark {Guest Post by Rachel}

Photo by DramaticElegance

Where liberty dwells, there is my country.  ~Benjamin Franklin

I am feeling very patriotic today. 

I think it comes with the territory of being a very proud American girl... 

...along with the deep historic passion that is rooted in this day. 

For the past week or so, every night has been illuminated with the colourful flash and the thunder-esque boom that follows.

Midwestern 4th of July's all have one thing in common...

...the quest for the ultimate backyard firework. 

Each neighbor tries to outdo the other with their brilliant suburban displays, one bright bang after another.

Some stick with their $20 Wal-Mart mega-packs, while others resort to less-than-legal and doubly expensive means to obtain the most brilliant and explosive delights. 

Every night, the rockets cut their sparkling paths across the night sky, flooding this American heart with a renewed burst of patriotism. 

And then, on the star-spangled night itself, the smooth-mowed green of the courthouse lawn becomes the ultimate spot to gaze up at the ultimate American expression...

...our own version of "the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air."

So curl on the lawn, watch from the window, or tuck yourself under a tree...

...gaze up at the sky, and watch the fireflies and sparks perform their patriotic waltz...

...for the land of the free, and the home of the brave.

Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.  ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

About the author: I, Rachel, am a 20 -year-old dreamy newlywed, and the author of DramaticEleganceMy blood runs red with passion and delight...composed with hints of freshly brewed coffee, melted chocolate, and the ink from a thousand pens. My eyes glitter with stars and imagination...my nose is flooded with the aroma of country breezes and white jasmine. My lips are laden with poetry and prose, glory and honor to the King of the universe. I am the love child of music and candlelight. I am the daughter of Aslan, and my song is love. I am a princess of the Kingdom of Heaven. I am a thundering whisper. I am a roaring lamb. 

I am only me.

(You can also find me on my twitter, you can email me, and you can also check out my giveaway.)

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for the comments on my blog about modesty. I just wanted to let you know I responded to them over there. Thanks and I hope you are having a great 4th of July. We will be shooting fireworks here in just a bit.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Rachael, dear...I'm about to curl up with a blanket by the lake and watch fireworks myself!:) Happy 4th!<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post! Yes, there may have been a bit of a mixup on posting times, but even still...I loved the fireworks that we saw, and I love the celebration of our country's freedom! =)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...