8.25.2011

the outtakes, take four


this is more of a "i'm so excited for california" post than an outtakes post, but i decided to write it up anyway. 
Morning. Today's the day. Finally, today's the day. Usually on mornings like this I wake up very early, and anticipate the days events with excitement. But today, I decided that I would sleep until 3:30pm, so that the flight would come sooner. I slept and awoke repeatedly in time frames of 25-40min, and finally got out of bed at 9:30am, seeing it wasn't going to work. I showered and dressed, emerging from my room smelling like strawberries, and heard the garage door opening, see my mom's car exit the driveway. Yes! I can get on the computer. Not that I wanted to get rid of my mom, no. Just....I value my computer time. Is that wrong?
I do my hair in fishtail braids. Again. I know I'm obsessed, but it's really efficient for travel! Teal slouchy hat on top. My mom says I look like my best friend {and future Best Actress winner}, Jessica. Picking out what book to read. Pity I don't actually own an Jane Austen novels. Thinking about buying Jane Eyre at the last minute. No, I'm sure a Nancy Drew novel will sustain me on the three hour flight to Los Angeles. Thinking about the burgers we're eating for dinner tonight. Yum-yum. 
Packing my last few bags. My makeup bag, if you want to get into specifics. Imagining that at this time tomorrow it will be 1:04pm {do the math} and I will be living it up at Disney Land, praying for God to give me courage so I can ride on the roller coasters. I need some hair style ideas. One that would stay in place. Suggestions? 
Hoping I'll get to use my aunt & uncle's DSLR to photograph and video the trip. I'm not the best with DSLR's, but I try, I really do. You should've seen me at my grandparent's anniversary!
T-minus 1hr, 16min. Have to double check my suitcases. Pick out a book. Shoes. Praying security will go well. I haven't been on a plane in years. I have an aisle seat. I wanted a window seat, but, oh well! I can always glance in the window's direction. 
Made grilled cheese and applesauce for lunch. Making a "currently into" {also known as: obsessed with} diary. First entry: macaroons, nikon film cameras, vintage coca~cola bottles, fishtail braids, cupcakes, Bible, dicionary, Ted Dekker, and Jane Austen, A Fine Frenzy's album: Bomb In A Birdcage. Thinking about making fashion sketches on the plane instead of reading. Must finish packing my makeup. 
Today is a beautiful day. 
{pee ess: If I'm not able to squeeze in some short posts about my vacation, then here's my official twitter. @whitelily16.}
{pee pee ess: When you click my twitter and see someone whose name is Sandra E. Taylor, that's me. Yes, Sandra E. Taylor and I are one and the same. And yes, Sandra has a blog: Barefoot Duchess. Yes, I fooled you all. And yes, there was an important reason.}
No more pee pee esses. I'm off to California. And boy am I excited :D




14 comments :

  1. send me a postcard??? pretty please? :D

    xx,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've GOT to go on space mountain, indiana jones, splash mountain, big thunder mountain, and maybe pirates of the caribbean...i was afraid before ALL of those but loved them all :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on, I'm confused are you actually Barefoot Duchess??? Or were you being sarcastic!?
    Anyway, have an amazing time in California!
    Although I really think you should read Jane Eyre , it is the best book ever written!
    I love fishtail braid, but I can't do it on myself.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! I was estactic.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun!!! I hope you have a great time and post some pictures, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a wonderful trip Jocee! You have lots of fun, k! ;)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Disneyland!
    Ohh, BTW, hair style ideas: braids because you can do SO many different kinds! Messy buns are my fave too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I hope you have a bunch of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great trip! :D

    Here's my outtakes day 4 post:
    http://desiringgodsdesires.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-outtakes-day-4.html

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already knew your alias. ;) I hope you have oodles upon goshbubbles of FUN in cali! :D <3 Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have an awesome trip! It took us six hours to get to Los Angeles. see you when you get back!

    PS. I tagged you at my blog, but seeing as you're on vacation, you can just do it when you come home, or whenever. If you even want to do it, that is!
    http://mistoftheblossomrain.blogspot.com/2011/08/traveling-smoothie-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. all the images and everything are so beautiful :) love this post. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this post...definately showed a lot of creative vintage! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I. Love. This. POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :) made me totally want to go on a trip.....love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...