9.19.2011

tomato caprese salad

so i *finally* get around to posting the recipe. i made this is california with my aunt mary and uncle Q and paria came over for dinner. and lemme tell you: it was amazing!! which is why i'm sharing it with all of you. 
tomato caprese salad 
ingredients
three to four heirloom tomatoes 
a few tablespoons of fresh basil
fresh mozzarella cheese {you can use smoked mozzarella, too}
good olive oil
salt & pepper

directions
on a cutting board, slice the heirloom tomatoes into 1/2 to 1 inch slices {or to your own personal         standards}. set them aside. slice the mozzarella cheese into 1/2 inch slices, and set those aside as well. finely chop some of the basil {I Julienne it, or Chiffonade it, which means to roll a few leaves of the basil, and chop them, which is much easier} and set it into a bowl. leave some whole leaves of basil for later. 
on a platter, assemble the tomatoes, cheese and basil. i alternated with a slice of tomato, a slice of cheese, and a whole basil leaf, but you can do whatever you like. sprinkle the chopped basil on top of the tomatoes and cheese. 
sprinkle some salt and pepper on top to taste, about a half tablespoon of salt, and a half tablespoon of pepper. then, drizzle some olive oil on top, and ey voila! 
hope you like! there will be more recipes {as well as photos and videos of my trip to california} to come soon! also, i have some lovely-happy-oh-my-cupcake-bubble-bomb news to tell you. oh. yes. 
-kiss kiss kiss, hug hug kiss-

4 comments :

  1. OMG...I'm SO gonna make this, darlin'! Yumm-o!
    And yayness...what news?? :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must you always keep us in suspense?
    And that looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I have yellow tomatoes still coming on in my garden, I think I'll do this with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really super yummy!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...