10.27.2011

afraid of the dark

to Edward Scissorhands, obviously. 

years and years i've been in this place
with big shapes and contraptions to haunt me
not even a shard of glass to look at my face
nothing to heal the scars that are upon me

the sun rises and sets and i stand by the window
occasionally a bird whistles at me
i see the children play and i want to be with them
but i can't because of these hands that belong to me

i cannot eat and i cannot drink
and i have no one to talk to
therefore i observe and i think
even at the times when i don't want to

i'm barely human, i'm unfinished
my father didn't wake up
i'm not augmented and therefore diminished
but i do not cry or wail like a pup

with no blanket to shield and no light to see 
i wonder what's going to become of me
with my torn up bed and wall of pictures
they're my only company

one day i wonder what would happen
if i went to sleep and didn't wake up
like my father who was old and gray 
but i cannot live like this, it is enough 

if you're reading this, please come and save me
i'm afraid of the dark, i don't know what to do
don't ever leave, don't ever forsake me
i want to hope that i am worthy of you. 
well excuse me for falling in love with his heart. 

at the film festival, before a special showing of edward scissorhands, there was a guy there, of whom you probably all know, named Johnny Depp. he had a haircut that almost reminded me of a younger Leonardo DiCaprio, a blue striped shirt with several necklaces showing, and a darker blue vest with two pocket watches peeking out. lots of tattoos. glasses that resembled the 3D ones on his face, a skull ring, a handkerchief hanging out of his back jeans pocket, and last but not least, fingernails that were painted a teal-ish green. now, the majority of the people you ask would mostly likely call him a "beautiful creature that gets even more attractive with age", while the other's simply pass him off as "creepy". even though we all have our opinions, we can't judge someone from what we see with our eyes. Johnny Depp has his own style preference, so do we. but we have to look at what's inside. Edward Scissorhands looked like a horror movie to most people. but what they didn't realize was that he had a heart, like everyone else. whether good, or bad, it was still there, and that's what we need to see. 

so -kiss kiss kiss, hug his heart- because that's what i see. and i adore it. 


12 comments :

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post.

    he's my man. you have Peter. i have Johnny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. this is beautiful, Jocee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, I've always had a soft spot for Edward Scissorhands.

    xx
    Liz Lizo
    VOGUED-OUT

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my sister loves this movie more then anyone I know I will send her over here.
    great post!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true Jocee! It's the heart that counts! You know what they say, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Which unfortunately, many people do these days. Anyways, great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh cool, I feel akward not knowing who he is. After reading his I think maybe I'm missing something...

    ellie;)

    bluejeansandteendreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh man. I LOVE Johnny Depp!
    And I love Edward Scissorhands. One of the BEST movies EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm barely human, i'm unfinished

    oh, this struck me hard. i feel this way. and i love how he finishes us, how we are all being finished, one day at a time. a lovely, thought-provoking post. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! That's my favourite movie of all time. And I am a huge fan of Johnny Depp :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. omw! this is gorgeous Jocee! Did you write this?? *awestruck*

    I am *such* a huge Johnny fan it's not even funny. I am totally going to marry Captain Jack Sparrow someday.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...