10.11.2011

expanding

i wasn't about to forget and do an as-if-none-of-this-ever-happened post after yesterday's post
so, today i kind of want to expand on what i said yesterday, kind of set some things straight. 
first, thank you guys for your feedback. i know i wasn't the only person who felt this way, and to be honest when i pressed the publish button i was about to delete the post and forget about the whole thing. last night i even succumbed to tears, but let's not get into that. 

katie said: I think you have to look at it this way: they are people too. I'm close friends with several of the girls you mentioned, and life is not always happy and easy for them. For instance, Hannah's younger brother has struggled with a lot of things in his tiny life, and that's been hard on her. I don't know, I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here. I know I've struggled with the whole blogger jealousy thing before, so...I don't know. It's just that it's not that "everything they had seemed to be perfect." Okay, it may seem perfect, but it's not. I think it helps to keep that in mind. 

well, katie, i understand what you mean. i guess you could say that before i thought of them as "robots who sucked the life out of every blogger's fun" and now that i do see them as people again, i understand that they do go through some terrible things. that's why i wrote this apology. to come clean to them, and to myself.

and last night, i even asked carlotta to read it. i don't know whether to just feel stupid or drop off the face of the earth. it doesn't matter to me whether she comments or not, i just want to know that she was here, and that she forgives me, you know? all of them, for that matter. the worst thing that could happen would be her saying "no" or hating me for the rest of my life. 

but then again, i did apologize, and, i suppose, that's all that matters.
-kiss kiss kiss, hug industrial sized pastry cream-
{pee ess:}
Tumblr_lsuypjryc91qlx2d0o1_500_large
{me = dying for some coffee.}

12 comments :

  1. you did the right thing, dear. if they don't forgive you, that's their problem...although i'm sure they do:)
    and thanks alot...now i want some coffee, too=/ i'm so daggum tired!=P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have talked to some of my friends about the subject of how much should you show or write about on your blog. And honestly it does bug me occasionally when I'll read blogs, (great blogs) but all they seem to write about all the great things they do. And you know what? That's fine, it's their blog. But I do find it kinda annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jocee...Jocee, Jocee, Jocee. I don't know what to say here, except that I'm sorry I didn't comment yesterday and that I didn't know what to say. Jocee, Carlotta will NOT hate you. She won't. I don't know Carlotta, but I read her blog, and she just doesn't seem like the kind of person who would hate you for one mistake. Oh, and another thing Jocee. You're beautiful, and you're so much braver than me. If I had this many followers, which I don't, then I would never, ever have the courage to post something like this or like your last post. If you don't think about yourself as anything else, you should definitely think of yourself as brave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Jocee!
    Since I don't really know what to say about this post, I just agree with you wholeheartedly, let me say this:
    You might enjoy this post.
    Perfect timing for her to post it. Thinking of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Jocee. :) It's awesome that you're doing this, because half of us need to but aren't brave enough to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carlotta would never hate you for being honest. I think she's a lovely girl who I've been blessed to know for a small while, and she would probably be happy you said that, and that you let her know. I know that these past posts have made me really nervous with myself (my blog has like 4 posts so far) because I really want to become strong and good at saying things the way you do. Oh, and you were listing the bloggers your jealous of? Well my list includes all of them, and you, for your honesty and creativity

    Ellie;)
    bluejeanseandteendreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm kinda late for this, but, Jocee, you wouldn't have gotten 233 followers if you were just a bitter onion. Really. I follow your blog because, well, its great. I REALLY like the outtakes you did, your trip, the cupcakes...and dictionaries. In the dictionary way, we're soul sisters! :-D

    Also, I agree with Mary. If They don't forgive you, that is there personal problem. You tried, you reached out, and if they turn away, there is nothing you can do. I have gone through this in MY personal life, and I have learned, do what you need to do, and if they refuse, drop it.

    Hugs and a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are really fantastic, you are.
    And I'm your new friend and follower.
    I'm Romi.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jocee,

    I know I didn't comment on the last post, but I was thinking about it for a while. While you might feel like you were copying those girls, and I'm not going to say you're wrong, but you have SO MUCH personality (in a good way, of course), that even if you tried we couldn't miss it.

    I'm glad you didn't just leave your post at that though, that you expanded on it because sometimes things like that happen then people just forget.

    Hugs,
    Dani/iGirl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jocee,
    Hi. I'm obsessed with your blog and this post. And I would just like to say that I think you are an amazing person for writing this and apologizing when no one would have ever known if you hadn't.
    You rock my world!
    -Alexandra from Someactualities.blogspot.com
    (P.s. I am going to be uber busy this next week and was looking for guest posters, would you be interested?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. jocee darling, I haven't ever talked to you but I've been reading your blog for about a year and I've been inspired. I get happy and giddy for each new post. Yesterday's post made me cry, I read in like 3 times. I just want you to know that even though you've never met me and vise versa, I care for you and will keep you in my prayers. We can't deny that there are many wanna-be blogs and I'm glad that you want to move beyond that. I'm starting my own blog at the begging of the next year and was brainstorming what I should do and how I wanted people to view my blog and more importantly me. You've taught me that I don' have to have the most stylish blog or most viewers to be perfect in His eyes. And God's the only one that matters as you well know.
    May Christ be with you, Gracie

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...