10.06.2011

a few minor obsessions {a guest post by katie}


OBSESSION:

An idea or thought that continually 

preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

If you're anything like me and Jocee, you have a few obsessions. 
Although considered unhealthy, I think they're perfectly normal. 
To obsess is to only love, a lot... like, a lot. Just my personal opinion though.


charms: 
Charms are something that say a little something extra about you, I think. 
Unique, original, lovely.

rue 21:
Buy me anything from this store and I WILL love you forever. 
Thrifty, diversity, beauty. 


clothes:
I won't lie, this is quite an unhealthy obsession.
Vintage, belts, sweaters.


this picture: 
Cameras/photography=wonderful. Stripes=my favorite! Pockets=the best!!
Cameras + stripes + pockets =  GASP! *dies of heart attack*
Old camera, stripes, and pockets.


fishtail braids:
My hair isn't quite long enough to do this yet, but when it is, 
you better believe my hair will be this way every single day.
More stripes, pretty hair, even prettier braid.


room full of books:
This is a dream of mine. Shelves lined with books,
whispered words mingle with the turning of yellowed, tattered pages.
Classics, endless good reads, many sleepless nights.


paris:
I've always wanted to go to Paris. Something about it draws me to it's classy beauty. 
Have you ever gone to Paris?? If so, do tell!
{I have 10 things in my room that is Paris themed. Do you have any?}
French, Eiffel Tower, paradise. 


40's:
I firmly believe I was born in the wrong time period.
The 40's was such an elegant time.
Red lipstick, pretty dresses, silly but fun hats. 


i love you's:
These are so special. They also make my day. 
Heartwarming, loving, how I feel about you.
(:

do you have any obsessions?

Sources: GoogleWeHeartIt

---------------------------more about the author---------------------------


Photographer, smiler, left-hander, drinker of tea, writer, ivory tinkler, hazel eyes, sky starer, flower smeller, thinker, homeschooler, tennis player, lover of life, classics, and everything else beautifully simple. My life revolves around my family and friends, and I live it solely for Him.
I’m happily Katie, and that’s it.

Head on over to my blog, clair de lune.

8 comments :

  1. oh, and I love the slight changes you've made to your blog, Jocee<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally checking out your blog, becuz you and I would be soul-mates if we ever met, I'm sure!!!! Yes, I do also think I was born at the wrong time. I should have been been in London, England in the 1940's. :) LOL

    Love,
    Manda

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. to katie who did this post: one of the things i will be forever obsessed with is Narnia's Lucy Pevensie AKA GEORGIE HENLEY, people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She rocks. And 'nuff said!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh PARIS!!!! i had the delightful opportunity to spend a little over a week there last april and it was simply fabulous! i wish i could go back and stay longer, it was so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Katie! Definetly one of my favorites. I love pocketed skirts/dresses, too! And I would love for my wedding dress to have pockets!(:

    this-real-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Katie, I'm a lefty too :) lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...