11.02.2011

the sunrise and the tea.

tuesday, October 25, 2011, 5am. i realize that my dream is ending and the people around me ask what that stomping noise is. i respond, that's my dad, coming in to wake me up. and sure enough, it was. there is no light anywhere and after i get out of bed, i have to fumble around for my swimsuit. i gather my towel and sandals and head down the stairs for a drink of water before leaving. surprisingly, i didn't feel like eating. oh well.

5:12am now and we're out of the door. i personally hated the fact that my swim coach held excruciatingly early practices, but the only reason i was going was because of a movie i was to see later on that evening, and it conflicted with my regular swim schedule. we arrive at the pool and my coach is just getting out of his vehicle. good morning, jocee. i muster a hello and walk inside. i don't talk in the morning. partly because i'm not a morning person, and i need some time for my voice to adjust.

5:30am and the interval clock starts. i'm the only person in the pool for about six minutes. the whole practice seems hazy, the entire time there is no light in the sky, i can't even find the moon. 7am and practice ends. Lauren, Kristen, and C.A. head off to school. daddy picks me up and we're home two minutes later.

the sky starts to slowly get lighter, and i find no better opportunity than now to brew some tea and watch the sunrise. so i do.
 and i was able to snap this lovely photo...the white flowers on the side almost look like snow, of which i've been wishing for since i've gotten word of the storms.

i finish my cup of tea and set off to start the rest of my already-lovely day.

number ten of fifteen before fifteen: complete. 


-kiss kiss kiss, hug upholstery-
{pee ess: i need a guest poster for sunday. anyone interested?}

12 comments :

  1. Loverly photo. Your photograghy is really coming along.
    I do swim pratice..but mostly in the afternoons.
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds painful (the getting up so early part) and lovely all at the same time! :) Sunrises are fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've described a morning swim practice perfectly. mine start in two weeks... ugh.
    lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There have been several times that I had to get up early in the morning this year. But they were for a couple of field trips with my friends. They were fun though!! I don't like talking in the mornings either, and I'm also not a morning person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty picture! oh, aren't morning practices great!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll guest post. I've never guest posted before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. And it DOES look like snow...beautiful!
    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! And thanks sooo much for entering my giveaway! Will you be so kind as to put one more comment about the button on your sidebar? Thanks dear (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do NOT like getting up early either. I've never been a morning person. But it sounds lovely to be watching the sunset and drinking a nice cup of tea. In fact, I just finished a cup myself. (;

    ( p.s. I'm joining swimming this year. xD )

    ReplyDelete
  10. And the picture? LOVELYYYYYY! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Great post! Would you be interested in guest posting on my blog? Let me know! :)

    hisprincess94@rocketmail.com

    www.radiant-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...