12.06.2011

hey, look: you grew up again.

today is most likely a normal day for you. today you'll probably wake up, eat breakfast, dress, go to school, come home, do homework and go to sleep, then repeat it the next day. well, for me, today isn't just any old day. today is my mommy's birthday. -insert yay here-

mom's are pretty cool people, because from that first day, they took care of you. they feed you and washed you and made sure you were fairing okay. she saw your first steps and swears that your first word was mama instead of dada. she planned your birthday parties made cake and helped you blow out the candle. she cleaned your mess and took you to school for the first time. 

my mom's played a pretty big role in my life, because she did all those things. the little things that really aren't worth remembering are the things that are always retold to the friends and the grandparents. the way she read me stories and spent all night decorating for my birthday parties and things like that. i still call her mommy. because to me that's a sign that no matter how old you are deep down inside you'll still be a kid again. and she just likes to be called mommy. 

so, here's to you, mommy. i have lots of virtual cupcakes. 
Tumblr_li521sxqvj1qau1wzo1_500_large
Tumblr_lnha8kgncr1qfxocho1_500_large
Dsc00055_large
happy birthday! i heart you.

-kiss kiss kiss, hug my mommy-
{pee ess: this is texas and it is currently 37 degrees farenheit. someone send me a blanket.}

18 comments :

  1. ah Happy birthday to your mommy, super-sweet post! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Jocee's mama! :) I hope you have a fantastic one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. :) Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your mom! She sounds wonderful :)

    abbie-xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your mom! Guess what? Today is MY mom's birthday too!!! LOL! What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy happy happyxamillion birthday to your mom!!!! *<:) <- party hat smiley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY <> jocee's mum!
    I'm sure your simply lovely - you have raised a wonderful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww...tell her happy birthday for me! I love that last picture :)
    xoxo
    simi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your mum!!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. are these your pictures? did you take them?
    really good if you did!
    and AGAIN: happy birthday, mrs. [jocee's mum] inserts happy birthday music ---> oh. and go watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC4gZgdsza8

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those are amazing and I mean amazing pictures. Tell yor mom Happy Birthday!!


    xoxox
    yaplesyaker.bogspot.com
    <~Caroline~>

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to her!

    A day when Texas and Illinois are the same temp? Whoa man. Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute! Hope she has a wonderful birthday!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  14. i don't know your mom, but i know she's amazing because she had you:)

    those cupcakes look yummy, by the way. i didn't even get to try one of the ones i made today:( and there already all gone...yes, all twenty-four of them. daggum

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw, goodness! happy birthday to a veryvery special lady! enjoy your day. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww. I still call my mom "mommy" too. she insists. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, what an adorable post. Moms are just about the best things ever. :)

    I just found your lovely blog. I am a new follower!! I'd love if you stopped by mine!! www.thesidewalksend.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    --Abi :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I love December.....just such a jolly season.

    I call my mother "mommy too". I want to stay little horever sometimes.

    Therainbowinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...