12.25.2011

is it christmas today?

yes, joy. it is christmas today. and this proves it. >>click<<
right now, aunt mary and uncle q and joy are playing "spot it". uncle q just won; grandma and grandaddy and mommy are watching football {Lord have mercy on them, for they know not what they do}, and i am currently convincing daddy to try some of grandma's sweet potato pie. score.
this Christmas was quite different from the others. i didn't get as many presents as usual, and yet i received so much that i don't know what what to do with it all. we didn't get much sunshine, and it in fact rained this morning. but Christmas is so much more than the weather, and we don't get any snow, anyway, darn you texas.
each present was taken into very much consideration. a black "q" for my uncle q, because for him black is the new everything. a jewelry box for aunt mary, hand painted with flowers and various designs. a feather painting for grandma, also handmade, and for both grandma + grandaddy, a cd of the music score i entered into the texas young composer's competition + a note on how i got my inspiration + a copy of the sheet music + the letter with the results. and speaking of the results, i was one of the winners {GUSH}. merry christmas to me.
i received fuzzy socks + smell-good foot lotion, a photo album full of the photos from my california trip, a palm tree necklace + california state ornament, a metronome, and lots of hugs and kisses.
speaking of metronomes, i serenaded my family with a mini-piano recital. somewhere in my memory, o christmas tree, and princess leia's theme from star wars. aunt mary and i have treated ourselves to apple pie and crab cakes, in that order, yet spaced apart. there are mason jars filled with cran~apple juice and and i'm wishing it was pomegranate juice. i'm feeling creative and i think i'm going to jot down some ideas in my new novel idea, which happens to be romance. i had a dream last night that william moseley gave me a christmas kiss as my present, and that he'd let me kiss him anytime that day. i'm going to kiss him when we're both quite alone, so sometime in the next 57min. until next time:
-kiss kiss kiss, hug crab apples-
{pee ess: if you're wondering, all the photos were taken with my aunt + uncle's canon rebel t2i.}
{pee pee ess: and if you didn't know this, my aunt has won a primetime emmy. you know project runway? she edited it. oh yes she did.}


14 comments :

  1. This post is absolutely darling, Jocee! What a lovely Christmas you had. The link made me smile, your dream was totally awesome, and I completely agree about not having many presents but still being beautifully overwhelmed. Merry Christmas, dear!

    -larkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love your posts :D i would've liked to hear you playing leia's theme on the piano. unfortunately, i have never tried crab apples, but you made them sound scrumptious.

    xoxo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures, Jocee! I especially love the last one! (: So cute!

    I'm glad you had a merry little Christmas + was one of the winners in your music thing! :D (that's awesome by the way!)

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures, deary:) Looks like your Christmas was absolutely uh-mazing! Mine isn't even over yet! *happy face...kinda....* And thats totally awesome about your aunt!!:) :)

    P.S I hope you gave William a kiss for me, too!<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh cute! Looks like your had a great time! And congrats on your winning music composition. Is there any chance you might share the story with us??

    -Carli

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet post. I love the pictures, especially the one of the presents under the tree. Merry (late) Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pictures! Merry Christmas Jocee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww, now it says "NO" :(
    I love the pictures!
    fuzzy socks are the best. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, happy post! Merry Christmas to you, dear! Nice photos too!!
    -Lou

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas! Love it! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a very merry Christmas Jocee! Nice pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...