1.08.2012

clever old forest

have you ever seen trees dancing;
growing rapidly in the forest,
wine flowing in a river;
by a courtyard where people are stone?

christmas ornaments growing on trees,
in a box in a sitting room;
weren't you paying attention?
what do they teach you in school these days?

trees hatching and walking,
growing by the second... literally,
disguising themselves as buildings;
always winter and never christmas

sinister stories of a white woman
wooden people called king and queen
the doctor can not turn them off
her reign is ending

a boy and a girl with a father for a pilot;
their mother lied and said he'd be home for christmas,
but not this time says the doctor;
the little girl who hid in a wardrobe

the mother's mind is controlling the vessel;
the winter is melting into spring,
she asks the caretaker if it hurts,
one of the four is gone astray

"goodbye my love goodbye" she cries;
the great river has melted, they're going to meet aslan,
they watched their daddy die,
a soft piano ballad plays in the background

they're trained for battle... they're to be kings and queens;
the caretaker told them to come and look
they fought the white witch,
and the widow's husband followed her home

so the pevensie's became rulers of narnia
and madge arwell and children got the man of the house back
the trees danced again... and winter came but with always christmas
and the doctor our caretaker went on his journeys

the doctor shows madge what the police box does
though she wishes he could stay for christmas
he kisses her cheek and he tells her to make a wish
oh how he loves that clever old forest. 

if you're completely clueless then i'm afraid you'll have to watch the latest doctor who Christmas special, as well as the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. oh what a cruel punishment, i tell you.
but for you narnians and whovians, then please join amy, rory, the doctor and i for a two-week late Christmas dinner. yes, we'd love to have you.
for the rest of you, life is a peach, isn't it? no, sundays don't have to make sense either, in regards to the last post.
Pinned Imagesource
so, have a vintage, and a vintager.
-kiss kiss kiss, take the polaroid-

9 comments :

  1. Oh my I just LOVE this post it is SO amazing, I am having a photo contest! You should come check it out http://odetolivinglife.blogspot.com/2012/01/photo-contest.html !!!!



    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, your posts never cease to amaze me! They always make me happy and inspired:) lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, jocee. Did you write that? I was really nice(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that poem! And that vintage shot is so adorable, I just had to pin it.

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I must go watch some Doctor Who to figure out what you are talking about ;) LOVE the final picture though. It made me sigh out loud :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Dr. Who!!! YEAAAHHH!!!!
    havent seen the latest episode but i cant wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ashamed to say I've never watched Doctor Who. But I keep hearing great things about it, so I guess I must! I love the pic by the way.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WATCHED THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! Therefore I am invited to a dinner, correct? I'll bring ham. And potatoes. And cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so good! I knew the references within the first few stanzas! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...