1.10.2012

i'm coming out {six} just another one of those girls

i think it's obvious that we all eventually want to end up like this. but, how exactly? with who? that's the hard part. there's a difference between infatuation and admiration. infatuation is something that is short-lived and passionate. whereas, admiration is a respect for someone. and yet commitment is higher than both of these. 

over the past few weeks, i think i've developed a crush on tim tebow. but, as it may happen, this is somewhat of a different crush. forget the fact that tim and i are both left-handed. forget the fact that tim and i are both homeschoolers {and proud}. we are both active believers. he praises the Lord no matter what. and for me, i just can't off and say that i have a crush on tim tebow. it's a little bit more complicated than that. 

he is a Godly man. he is focused. he doesn't run off and date some random girl and then break it off just because he was done with that one. no, he has purpose. and i have purpose as well. my mom was speaking of it in the car on the way home from church: whoever tim tebow is going to marry in the next few years, she is going to be one lucky, happy girl. what, mom? you speak of it as if it can't be me? and i'm ashamed of myself for thinking something like this. i don't even know why i'm telling you guys this. 

with tim tebow, you can't jut have a crush. because tim is different. he stands out. for obvious reasons. because he is purposeful don't you have to be purposeful, too? purposeful is not walking around half-naked hanging around every guy you see. purposeful is focused. it's attentive. purposeful, in my mom's way of saying it, is walking up to tim tebow in a bridal gown. because even though you may not be the girl he's going to marry, atleast you have the right intentions. 

i'll admit it. yes, tim tebow has the same qualities that i want in my future husband. one in love with God. two submitted to authority. parents, pastor, and other figures of such. and the others aren't necessarily important, because they have to do with the physical aspect of things. 

i remember when my grandma was looking for second homes here in texas. we found one not even a block away from us. it was ideal, in great shape, and just in her price range. but we didn't get it. sure, we were upset, but didn't that mean that there was something better out there? just because we don't get the guy we want, that doesn't mean we have to throw a fit and swear off guys. because doesn't that mean that God has something better for us?

i was going to post something different today. i can't even remember what. i've been having a shortage of inspiration, but when this came to mind i just couldn't pass it up. i don't want to be just another one of those girls that wears daisy dukes in winter and allows herself to be handled by who-knows what type of guy. i can't be just another one of those girls who has a crush on tim tebow just because he's good looking. i have to have purpose in this. because, after all, he does. 

-kiss kiss kiss, hug a bobby pin- or a sally pin 
{pee ess: two followers to 300 follower giveaway. oh lip gloss this is going to be good.}

17 comments :

  1. It's always nice to read these posts... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, amen, amen! When I had posted that teeny little blurb about him, and you said how you didn't want to be just another girl wanting to make out with him, I about spazzed at the thought! I mean, it feels utterly disrespectful to think of him in any type of physical way...does that make sense? I'm proud of the fact that you see that he's so much more than just another guy...I know that there are a lot of people who do like him just because he's fantastically handsome ;) But he's so, so much more. He's a rare man in this worldly world, and I hope that you are blessed with one just like him! I kinda hope I am too ;)
    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Jocee. Purpose is such an important thing to have in life, whether it's in liking a guy, or just walking out the front door. You (and your partner) must live with purpose. It makes life a whole lot sweeter, and better lived.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree--great post!
    Myself, I don't even know what I want to do with my life...I need purpose, just like you say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, I have been reading and hearing so much about Tim Tebow these past few days......like you said, he is so much more different. I like that.

    I love these posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEEEK. I can smell the giveaway♥

    xoxo,
    Tim Tebow

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very lovely post. Tim Tebow would be proud I think :) I truly enjoy coming to your blog and reading what you have to say. Thank you for sharing a thought that you, for some reason, couldn't rid your mind of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tim Tebow is my future-husband-idol. End of story. I love him and all the qualities he possesses. He's just simply amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Tim Tebow!
    And I simply. love. these. posts. like a lot. ah-dore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet post.
    What are daisy dukes though???
    Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, good. Everyone at my school is all "ugh, Tebow."

    And I sit here going, "I like him."

    At least I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, this post made me literally laugh out loud! Yours posts usually have that affect on me because you're awesome. It's so, so true because, well, Tim is pretty amazing, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful, funny, and everything else wrapped up in one post.
    You are amazing. Do I need to say more?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Could anyone please tell me how to add my own photographs to my blog header? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, Jocee. I like your outlook, girl! So true!

    Love in Christ,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...