2.13.2012

it finally feels like winter.

i live in texas. texas is the sort of place that can't seem to make up it's mind about the weather. for instance, last week it was in the mid-70's. today? it's 44˚. we're absolutely notorious for summers, though. starting in early may, it gets to be around ninety degrees. then in june+july+august and possibly even september, it's record breaking triple-digit heat & humidity. and honestly? i just want a little snow. please.
taken in late december. 
we don't really seem to get the memo until february that winter is here. there are still brown leaves clinging to the maple tree in the front yard, and i think the south is trying to stay in the autumn realm. however, after yesterday, i haven't been complaining much.

there's a creek just beyond the backyard. it's the trail to a charter school behind a small grove of trees, and in the opposite direction it's the pathway to the library. i can see everything from my bedroom window. and every morning, when the forecast predicts chill and fog, i check to see if the creek is frozen. a bit of a privilege, if it is, and yesterday, i had that privilege. it was twenty-eight degrees outside. of course it was time to break out the mink coats and thick stockings, and so we did on our way to church. there's a chance of snow today, says daddy. you should know that i screamed. and after church? it did snow a little. baby flurries dancing in the sky that you could only see clearly on the top of the parked cars.

the temperature rose somewhat, leaving the baby snowflakes to melt, but snow came, and i am glad for that.

the weather is even warmer, and it's supposed to be in the 70's on tuesday. but for now, it finally feels like winter.

-kiss kiss kiss, hug spirals-

{pea ess: anyone want to send me a jar of snow? please do. even if it melts, it's special water.}

14 comments :

  1. I live in Texas too. Yesterday it was 41 degrees and it was raining ice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 2x! Here where I live it's been 40 the past 3 days, but the rest of the winter the temperatures have been in the 60-70s! I would like some snow, too.(:

    -Oriana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll send you more than a jar! there is a pile in our yard, tho' it is melting now.
    This post explains why you were repinning all those snow pictures on pintrest. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll send you a jar of water, and we'll pretend it's snow ;) Unfortunately, in Arizona, we don't get much of it either.

    xoxo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I want it to snow as well. It snowed only once and we live in Oregon. (sighs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could send you some snow. :) Haha. The "special water" made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I wish we had snow too :/... Btw, I read ur blog constantly and love it, but my computer won't allow me to comment and I'm too lazy to use my phone very often :P... But I just wanted to let you know I tagged you on my blog, so go check it out!!! (;

    ~hk
    Star-someday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay, i'm so glad you got your snow! even just a little is enough for a little happy-dance.
    i would have sent you a jar of thundersnow, but it went away too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, yes. Snow. I love it. :) But even up here in Maine we haven't gotten a whole lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to send you some snow! Could you send me some sunshine? :3

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. i totally relate to your weather woes... same story here! but yeah, totally enjoying winter's arrival this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My cousin lives in Texas and she texted me yesterday saying "OMG. IT'S SNOWING HERE." I was cracking up. :3
    btw: i might go up there this summer. :o

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes, it got really cold here too, in LA. I was freezing all day because the wind was so cold, but I'm thankful the sun is still shinning! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'd send you a jar of snow, but the fact is it's the middle of summer here...and in winter it never snows any way!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...