3.01.2012

cupcakes! at the oscars.

imagine this: the oscars. a crowd is gathered in front of the tele, pulling for their favorites to win. whether they win or not, the anticipation is exhilarating. and all the while, they have cupcakes in their hand. but not just cupcakes, oscar cupcakes. 
i know, right?
but the sad thing is, they aren't mine. remember that said celebrity aunt in yesterday's post? she just may or may not live in california, and she just may or may not have hosted at oscar party, complete with beastly cupcakes that make me hungry/jealous. and did i mention hipster friends? i may or may not have invited myself over. however, i didn't get to go. this time. so, i sufficed by throwing my hand into the laptop screen and devouring all the cupcakes that have to do with the help. and no, they were not all vanilla. so yes, that means that some were chocolate. wink if you get it.

my oscar party, you ask? my party consisted of pie {wink, wink}, excruciatingly loud voices, frequent stops to the internet movie database, whooping and hollering in happiness, booing in upset-ness and list-making {which should be one word}. the highlight of that night? octavia spencer's win. the lowlight of that night? running out of pie.

until my oscar parties consist of beastly cupcakes and californian hipster friends, i can deal with this.
which cupcake is your favorite?

-kiss kiss kiss, hug figaro-

23 comments :

  1. those cupcakes look awesome! i didn't even watch the oscars... it felt too much like the capitol to me :") not that anyone died, (or did they?) but still, for some reason i never watch those award shows.

    xoxo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Yes it did! Jessica, you made me laugh :)

      Delete
  2. wink wink wink. that's three winks for totally and utterly getting it. you're brave. eating a "the help" chocolate cupcake. I mean, it could've been anything....lol.
    those cupcakes are darling though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im jealous!! :P they look soo awesome.. and tasty too!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;) **Winky** Hehe. Am I the only person that literally WINKED when I read that? ;)

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those looks so amazing! I love the War Horse ones :) Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious! I'm winking away! And I watched the oscars for the first time this year! They are amazing! I adore the cupcake with an oscar on it!
    Also, I hope to be one of your hip friends at aforesaid Oscar party:) may I?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I about died when I saw Christopher Plummer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Favorite cupcakes are Midnight in Paris and War Horse. I'll give you one guess why. ;)

    Also, may I come to your Oscar party? Pretty please with a Hiddles on top?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Help!!! Was it chocolate pie? (wink wink) or just chocolate cupcakes? Either way they were probably really good!

    In Christ
    Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched the Oscars this year, and they were at least better than the Golden Globes. I was especially happy with all of Hugo's awards :)

    And what the heck, those cupcakes are boss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I have a LOTR cupcake? :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha those cupcakes are AWESOME!!!!! my fave has to be the horse one... i'm assuming its for 'Warhorse' which i still have yet to see!!

    love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you create those cupakes with edible paper!!!! Also, is that coconut at the side?

    Want Cupcake....
    Hunteress

    ReplyDelete
  14. bahaha, the chocolate pie :)
    those are super cool! I like the one of... um... the oscar.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh...I.need.one.of.those.cupcakes.NOW!!!!!!! Would you pretty please tell your aunt that you love this girl named Miss Raquel from Oregon and that she's just DYING to have one of those cupcakes?? :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is soooo awesome!!!! best cupcakes ever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, those are amazing! I completely get you being jealous about it. ;)
    And yes, Octavia Spencer is the.cutest.thing. Ever. And I loved her dress.

    lovely blog you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally loved the help. I didn't watch the Oscars. I never watched those awards shows.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my gosh those are AWESOME!! I love the Help, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and War Horse :)

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...