11.02.2012

forget propriety.

if you don't remember me talking about it, i posted a long time ago on how i want to be a composer. film composer, specifically. i don't want to bore you with all the details, but i do want to tell you a little story, so bear with me. 

in january, two months after finishing my first orchestral composition, i got an idea for my second composition. it wasn't much, really, just 16 bars of a melody that i couldn't seem to get out of my head. at the concert for my first piece, when the crew was clearing off the stage, i sat down at the [gorgeous] steinway piano and played the piece i had in my head. and the best part is? that's the piece i entered into this year's competition.

so after an all-nighter or two, or at least not getting to bed until after midnight, at 11am precisely, i sent in my second score to the 3rd annual texas young composer's competition. i'm really excited. i hugged my mother, which isn't something i wholeheartedly do very often. 

so forget propriety and fancy photography, the above picture is what i looked like after i sent it in. because you know what? [and i'm breaking my own rule by doing this, but whatever] I HAVE COMPLETED MY SECOND ORCHESTRAL SCORE. and i'm actually kinda proud of myself.
and now, to write a string quartet for mendelssohn's "venetian boat song."
-kiss kiss kiss, the eagle has landed-

27 comments :

  1. Dude, you are so lucky (cliche much?) and I am so incredibly proud you of, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AWESOME Jocee!!! <3

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! That's awesome! Way to go Jocee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the most awesome thing ever!! I am so proud that you did that! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jocee - You are always full of surprises!
    This is brilliant! So so so so proud!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. that's so exciting!! hope you win. :)

    ok, so I'm a musician too. and I reallyreallyreally would LOVE to hear your first score. I totally understand if you don't wanna post it. BUT. I really want to hear it. I'm sure it's amazing. :)

    -Carli

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one brilliant chicka. I'm so proud of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO excited for you, Jocee!!! I really really want to hear what you've composed. Keep us updated about if you win or not? :)

    Blessings!

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO happy for you!!!!
    so, my friend jocee from texas (who is going to make me texan bbq when I go and see her), is going to be a flippin famous film composer. and she's awesome. this is the truth. let it be seen in writing. amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gah, congrats Jocee! This is just wonderful :)
    we're so proud of you, i hope you win! *fingers crossed* - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  11. You need to post a video of this music: I want to hear! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm kind of speechless... but, WOW. you go, lady!!!

    xx a.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eepers! I am so happy for you! You've already won in my eyes because I know that score is just plain brilliant.

    By the way, you look so gorgeously happy above.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jocee that's awesome!!!!!!!! :) And I totally agree with Bree above ^ ^ PLEASE POST A VIDEO OF THIS MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty please?

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    p.s. "The Eagle Has Landed" is an awesome movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's fantastic Jocee! When do we get to hear some of your music? Because of you I am literally obsessed with listening to soundtrack music ;) If I ever write a book and it gets made into film; I am going to beg you to make the soundtrack :)
    Kimmy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cool! Good luck--I'd love to hear a little clip of you playing something. I'm terrible at music but get so much joy from hearing talented people work their magic and would love to hear your composition, or a bit of it at least.
    Also, you're so cute! You look like you might explode with happiness in that photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. my that is AMAZing! you are so talented. and i will never cease to be astonished at what you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're amazing. I haven't even heard your compositions, but I can tell you're amazing at what you do. That's COMPLETELY AMAZINGLY AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am SO jealous right now. I feel like such a failure at life. *facepalm*

    But it's great! We're all so happy for you! :)
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats jocee! you are soooo cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You go girl
    You now you only live once YOLO

    ReplyDelete
  22. you have a lovely smile. so happy for you! congrats! let us know how you do on the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just thought that you should know that your smile is fantabulous, if you didn't know. :)

    ~A Blogless Follower

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay!!! You go Jocee, you'll make a fantastic film composer someday soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wooooohoooo! I'm so happy, Jocee! Hope all goes well, girl=) You. are. amazing! And gorgeous...hey, hey!

    ReplyDelete
  26. YAYYYYYY!! Congrats Jocee!! Rejoicing with you. *hug*

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...