12.19.2012

i don't usually study, but when i do, it's to an epic soundtrack.

“When it's finals week and you've been studying for five hours straight, you need three things to get you through the nigh.The biggest Slurpee you can find, half cherry half Coke. Pajama pants, the kind that have been washed so many times they are tissue-paper thin. And finally, dance breaks.Lots of dance breaks.” -Jenny Han, We'll Always Have Summer
i figured that since it's finals week for all of you who aren't homeschooled/didn't have finals last week like i did, i should make a mixtape to kind of keep your nerves down. while finals really weren't a big deal for me, i know how stressful studying can be, so here's something to keep you relaxed and mellow for about 2 hours. stay studious, my friends.

1. cadillac of the skies - john williams
2. enigma variations: nimrod - edward elgar
3. dawn - dario marianelli
4. comme une rosee de larmes - ludovic bource
5. courtyard apocalypse - alexandre desplat
6. lily's theme - alexandre desplat
7. downton abbey: the suite - john lunn
8. moonlight sonata - beethoven
9. clair de lune - debussy
10. an ideal marriage - john lunn
11. the john dunbar theme - john barry
12. tenuous winners/returning home - james newton howard
13. marilyn's theme - conrad pope
14. it's a wrap/i found a dream - conrad pope, michelle williams
15. such stuff that dreams are made of - conrad pope
16. traumerei - schumann
17. my edward and i - dario marianelli
18. the ellie badge - michael giacchino
19. main title (from the notebook) - aaron zigman
20. dance of the knights - sergei prokofiev
21. the well-tempered clavier - bach, gabrielle montero
22. reprise - peter vronsky
23. we move lightly - dustin o'halloran
24. opus 55 - dustin o'halloran
25. wedding chorus - rachel portman
26. we had today - rachel portman 
27. the giving - michael w. smith
28. string quartet no. 13 in a minor - schubert
29. prelude in e minor, op. 28 no.4 - chopin
30. near light - olafur arnalds
31. fyrsta - olafur arnalds
32. venetian boat song - mendelssohn
33. ave maria (for piano) - schubert
34. the door in the air - harry gregson-williams
35. burdens - thomas newman.
-kiss kiss kiss, slurp eee-

15 comments :

  1. THANK YOU! I totally need this. Three finals tomorrow and then I'm done with school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is perfect.
    p.s. what font did you use for "studious?" it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! it's carolyna pro black, a premium font by emily lime. it's like.. $89. it's not a reasonable price (at all) but i couldn't resist because it's SO. PORETTY.

      Delete
    2. is it really that much? oh my gosh...i can't deny that it's beautiful.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to need this! England is weird, and we have a completely different structure which means YOUR ENTIRE LIFE depends on about four weeks of exams at the end of Year 11 (tenth grade?) and before that, we have two sets of mocks that tell you if you are on track to pass those GCSEs. There's some coursework scattered throughout the few years (such as the four hour essay I have in January!!!) but it's mainly focused on the exams, which I am already stressed about. And basically I have my first set of mocks in February which I am already worried about, because I also have three pieces of coursework in January, and then in the space of three weeks exams in English, Maths, Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Business, German, Latin and Art and asdfghjkl what is my life?

    So basically, thank you Jocee. This will be on repeat for several months after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually my school's different. I've got finals in mid January! :)

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. friends with good music taste are a lifesaver. thank you for this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finals...I think that's for high school, am I correct? I still have time... :P

    But I did have two tests (one "final exam" in science and one test in social studies) today and a test yesterday (math. I got a 4 which is the highest you can get). BUT THE GOOD THING IS THAT I SURVIVED!!! WHOO!!!

    Gosh, I honestly don't get WHY in the world you have to PAY for fonts. It's so unfair. Huff. XD

    Beethoven? I love Beethoven. I'll have to listen to a few of these songs. Thanks!

    Be yourself,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are finals for high school and college/university. i don't know what they have for elementary/middle school :)
      and as far as fonts are concerned, if you do something well, you might as well make a little money, you know? it's a form of entrepreneurship. HOWEVER. not everyone has the kind of money to constantly buy fancy fonts and things. i would be broke in a matter of minutes. :P

      Delete
  7. OHMY. These are, uhm well.. GOSH, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaahhhh. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD YOU ARE. Finals aren't very fun, and this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. joceeeeeeee. you don't know how much this made my day. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

    xx acacia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! :) I shall listen to it right now, even though all I'm doing is scrolling through tumblr. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jocee,

    I know that this is almost two months after you posted this, but I want you to know that I still play this all the time. I love soundtracks, and this playlist is just gorgeous. My mama has to ask me to put on something happier occasionally because I have this playing a lot. (She's not a huge fan of soundtracks.)

    Anyway, just wanted you to know that I enjoy this so much. :) Thank -you
    -- Becca Anne
    www.singingjoyfully.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. has it been two months? whoa! time flies when you're listening to genius music! ;) you're always welcome, lady. i'll be making a "valentines' day" mixtape very soon! :) <3

      Delete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...