1.25.2013

just little things {240 - 265}.

i love my nose.
240. when the blinkers on your car and someone else's are in sync. 
241. making it to a store right before it closes. 
242. daylight savings. 
243. waking up and realising it's the weekend.
244. looking outside just as the streetlights come on.
245. when the song you requested on pandora finally comes back on.
246. perfect lighting (ahem-ahem [photo above]. which for the middle of the day in broad sunlight is fantastic. but more on that later).
247. surprise parties.
248. when someone offers to buy that for you.
249. coming home to family on school breaks.
250. turning on the tv just as your show comes on.
251. picking out something to buy and finding out that there's a discount on it.
252. when someone's wearing the same shirt/skirt/jeans/shoes/etc as you.
253. saying the same thing at the same time as someone else. #twinsies
254. winning rock/paper/scissors after a long tournament.
255. perfecting your signature.
256. finishing one song and starting another and realising they're both in the same key.
257. seeing actual emotion and empathy in someone's eyes.
258. catching snowflakes on your tongue.
259. seeing a shooting star.
260. when someone says you made their day.
261. the way a little kid pronounces your name.
262. when you're at a restaurant and you see someone else ordered the same thing as you.
263. when you're at said restaurant and the waiter comes walking with a tray of food that looks like it's for another table but it ends up being yours instead.
264. running into friends.
265. a song called 'little things.'

for the record, i don't love one direction. i think they have some pretty good music, but i am not obsessed with them. and i do believe that someone can like a band or artist without being truly and utterly enthralled with them.

okay so that happened. anyways, with that being said, i just wanted to take a little moment to say that we (me and six other girls) relaunched an ordinary utopia. and you guys should know by now that i am a firm believer in the fact that there can be extraordinary in the ordinary life, and that one doesn't have to live a specific way in order for there life to feel special and exciting. i don't really want to get very deep into this right now because i have a whole post dedicated to that subject (and another subject of that sort) later on. i just wanted to let you guys know that AOU is back. there are some different things, some necessary and some convenient. and i'll appear for the first time (in a long time) on that blog next saturday. and i'm really excited. and i hope all of you take a few minutes and click on over, and i hope you take off your virtual shoes and get comfortable and take a moment to gaze at the stars (both the ones in the sky and the ones on the header) and make new friends and basically not feel alone. the reason i write these little things is because i get this exciting fluttery feeling in my stomach when they happen, and i want to share them with you because i want you to have that same fluttering feeling. and i want you to know that the huge moments in life aren't the only moments and life. 

and that also, the huge moments may turn out to be these little ones.
-kiss kiss kiss, well and time-
{pea ess: right. so tomorrow's my 2nd blogaversary. stoked.}

13 comments :

  1. These are perfect. Little moments of perfection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. YOU ARE FLAWLESS. And I mean that.
    B. I love you lots.
    C. Freaking gorgeous, I tell you!
    D. Love that moment when your food comes -- aah, you know how I love food.
    E. TOMORROW SHALL BE THE BEST DAY FOR YOU EVER. WHY? If you Skype me, you can meet Loki. YUS.

    Five reasons why you're awesome. Read it until you're Loki'd out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful and totally adorable, Jocee. And your lists are perfection.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

  4. for the record, i don't love one direction. i think they have some pretty good music, but i am not obsessed with them. and i do believe that someone can like a band or artist without being truly and utterly enthralled with them.

    Yes. I totally get you. I'm the same.

    Your posts always make my day. And you're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited about the relaunch of AOU, and this list? Lovely.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the heck, I loved this. Life is one big momemt made up of little moments, you know? And those listed on this post...they are such important, amazing little moments!

    And 1D? I totally agree. That picture, ohmygoodness. You take my breath away, darling.

    http://jumping4jesus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are my favorite types of posts, Jocee. They make me think of all the little things in life and how important they are even if I might not appreciate them as much as I should. And I feel like I can relate to every single one of yours. :)

    I really do like One Direction. I guess you could say I'm obsessed (but in a non-obnoxious way. I hope. ;)) . I didn't used to like them because I thought that they were just the next Justin Beiber, but then I got to "know" them (gosh I sound like a creep) through their videos and interviews and stuff. And I decided that I really, really, like them. They seem so grounded and they honestly love their fans. They are actually very funny and have good senses of humor, too. :) Their music wasn't exactly my type, but I've grown to love it.

    Here's the link to a video that shows them at their very beginning when they were still on the X-Factor, if you would like to watch it :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhwwEKVpYmI

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're so lovely, jocee. favorites are 243, 253, 256, 257, and 260. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay um excuse me but that picture of you is absolutely gorgeous. take pictures of meee

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohmygoshbubbles i just love how you emphasize all the little things in life that we can just all agree are fascinating and amazing. love that photo of you, pretty! :) x
    -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little things are the best in life...I so enjoyed reading this.
    And the way you explained about One Direction...is was so well put, though I don't agree, I can never like their songs! :)
    Oh and your second blogaversay? YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 243. That has happened several times to me before. I'm all "YESSS!!!!" *goes back to sleep* xD and number 255. I am a perfectionist. My signature is amazing, if I do say so myself.

    The picture looks amazing.
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...