1.29.2013

lillian's song.

your name is 
lillian.
so you're a lily,
and you just float gracefully through a brook at the edge of a park,
with ivory petals that have a florescent hit of pink at the tips of them,
and you make your way along the water path to find the heart of your existence.
and sometimes you hit hard rock and sometimes you need a gentle push from someone else along the way,
but you always go downstream,
and you always find your adventure.
and no matter what,
you always remember to breathe,
and spin around,
and just know that you are alive.

so i was talking to lillian (a whimsical girl who wears mismatched socks better than i do), and i asked her why she called her blog 'of the field.' she said: "it's from matthew 6. and also 'of the field' has a really awesome image in my head of a girl just spinning around in a field arms open. and that's me." and as we continued talking, the poem above spilled from my head and dribbled down to my fingertips, swimming through the computer keys and to where her eyes could see them. to be honest, it was the first time i'd written in awhile. i don't like to think of writing as proper or improper, because whether the prose is good or simply dreadful, it's still came from inside of you. and it's the first time in a long time that the prose came simply, wistfully, like the wind on a cool summer's day. and i couldn't fight it. so, this is lillian's song. set to music or not, i guess this is her decree. and the best part is, she likes it as much as i do. 
-kiss kiss kiss, my dear watson-

14 comments :

  1. D'awh...cuteness. You both are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. being described as whimsical is probably my happiest thing. thanks jocee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah ah ah. i love this. also, i love where her blog name comes from. also, the two of you are precious. okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lillian is fantastic -- the only girl I know who can rock mismatched socks with a total-hipster outfit and make it looks amazingly fashionable. and you, dear jocee, are a lovely writer who has a sweet heart. okay, that's all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is simply brills. ;) That poem is too cute and I absolutely love it. I've been wondering what "of the field" meant. quite a creative blog name. I've been wondering what to name my blog lately. Been wracking my brain for something creative. So it's cool to know that she named hers from a passage in the bible.

    Blessings!
    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful. i absolutely love your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful poem and the photo matches perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. both of you are absolutely amazing people and bloggers! i love love love your writing, i'm glad you made this for her :) x
    -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm... so pretty. and that picture is just mmm....

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loved 'lillian'!!! it made me long for a hot summer day where I can go dipping my bare toes into the cool creek water. :)

    love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this so much! amazing job, jocee! and i too, adore lillian's fashion and mixed matched socks in particular. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, how i love lillian. ♥ and i must say, you have talent with words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. May I just say, you are a fantastically amazing writer. <3 {PS, could anyone please tell me the name of the font used in the picture? It's lovely, and I can't seem to find it anywhere! Any help would be much appreciated!}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!
      the font is bombshell pro, by emily lime. :)

      Delete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...