3.03.2013

the forgotten frames || february.

.
gimme s'more s'mores.
.
.
.
.
spring bokeh.
.
i. the beginnings of strawberry shortcake.
ii + iii. s'mores and the fire that created said s'mores at this year's super bowl party.
iv. reading in a messy room.
v. what i like to think are holly berries at the park.
vi. converse.
vii. almost-spring bokeh.
viii. me, with sleep in my eye and cookie crumbs at the top of my lip.

i decided that in an effort to write a real and true yearly reflection post, i'm going to write down a few things that happened each month that are worth remembering as i look back from what is now the future to find out how much i have grown. since i didn't do the same in january, i'll include that, too. 

january :: held realisation and excitement, new novel endeavors and unexpected good days. school started again and so did what have now become traditions that occur every semester. and in the personal part of my life that i haven't gotten the courage to talk about on c.d. yet, i did better than i thought i would. i kept it together and i am proud of myself. it was a good start to what will be a good year, even though i thought it would be the complete opposite.

february :: too short for my taste. abrupt starts and stops on said january novels and confessions made on sugar-highs from dozens of s'mores i don't remember eating. disappointing changes of plans and afternoons that still make me blush as well as a rose from daddy on valentines' day (yellow, my favourite colour). sudden heart-to-hearts with friends and the spilling of feelings i thought i could keep inside for a long time. i'm doing better, a lot better than i thought. i had good days and unexpected mediocre ones. but the good days always reigned.

with march, i don't know what i'm expecting. i don't know whether or not i should set goals for this month. i just want to do my very best and take control of me. actually, i think that's all i need.
-kiss kiss kiss, you know you love me; xoxo-

19 comments :

  1. FREAKING WHAT. Cranberry shot. Marshmallow shot. THE END.
    ((February talks with you were pretty amazing, thanks.))

    ReplyDelete
  2. these frames are spectacular (i especially like the one where fire is licking the logs).

    the thoughts you share on this lovely blog of yours are raw and heart-breaking beautiful.

    jessica (the alove) is incredible. a heart-to-heart conversation with her? aw yeah. that sounds like loads of goodness.

    anyway. i think i'm finsihed rambling.

    love ya, crumbs -(random nick-name of the day because you had a crumb on your lip in that last picture). ;)

    acacia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks for the sweet word, acacia. that made me smile. :)

      Delete
  3. Mmm. This is good and the pictures are fantastic. Jess is wonderful, and you're wonderful. Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. alllll of these are wonderful! sounds like you had a good start to the year -- and i love this: "i just want to do my very best and take control of me." that should go on a pretty picture with some nice typography onto a really popular pinterest board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photography has reallllly taken off. These photos are awesome, I love them! Great great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of writing about the month soon after it happens, when the events and feelings and thoughts are still fresh. It's kind of like reading a short journal of your whole year. I should start doing that, just as a quick recap of my year, I think it's important as well as interesting to re-read the words that hold so many memories, good and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These.pictures.are.gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW ON EARTH DID YOU TAKE THAT 5TH PICTURE, JOCEE!? THOSE RED BERRIES (just gonna call them that) LOOK REALLY PRETTY WITH THE PINK IN THE BACKROUND AND...ARRRGH FLOWERS ALREADY STARTED BLOOMING WHERE YOU LIVE!?
    THAT...THAT...THAT PICTURE...*random hand motions* Do I have permission to print it out and tape it to my wall with full credits to you? Pwease? Or atleast in a post saying hwo awesome of a photographer you are? Pwetty pwease?

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i aimed my camera up at the tree, put it on 55mm, focused in and took it. :P
      this is texas, hon. things bloom basically in every season but summer because eugh it's texas and no one even likes summer here not even the plants.
      you can totally print this/put it on your wall/whatever! totally cool with me. :)

      Delete
    2. Hehe, we southern gals and our summer all year 'round *grins*

      Delete
  9. I WAS JUST FLIPPING THROUGH THESE SHOTS ON YOUR FLICKR WHEN I SAW THIS POST ON MY DASH. #inception

    sursly though, this is the best in the ever. and by this, i mean you, babe.

    keep on keepin' on. ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay, okay...these are um, AMAZING. that fifth shot is so lovely. <3

    xx emma || http://emmakate101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful February forgotten frames...loved reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm in love with your photography style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! My favorite picture is the one of the trees. It reminds me of...the feelings of memories for some odd reason. The picture below it is lovely as well :) I wish I looked as good with a random crumb on my face!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...