5.28.2013

a study in human emotion || toyosi.



an appearance by rachel, who tagged along.
“We look at each other with shy relief. It's the look two odd socks give when they recognise each other in the wild.” ― Fiona Wood, Six Impossible Things
have people ever commented on your facial expressions? I tend to have a blank expression a lot or stare into the distance. Most people tend to ask me if I'm okay or if somethings wrong. I also tend to do weird things with my face when I'm confused/bored/mad. I think some people avoid talking to me because I naturally look unimpressed/mad/b!tchy.

have people ever made wrong assumptions of your expression? Again, I think some people avoid talking to me because I naturally look unimpressed/mad/b!tchy. I think it's also because I complain about how I hate people a lot, so people don't know when I actually want to talk to them.

any facial (or bodily) tendencies you've been made aware of? I pace, a lot. Most people assume that I'm anxious or nervous, but pacing just helps me think. I rather talk to myself in my head than talk with other people about most things.

assuming you don't know the people who made the previous comments about you, do your friends understand the person you are underneath your skin? I'm not really sure if my friends really understand who i am. Yeah, they see the fun side of me and know how sassy and sarcastic I am, but I never really open up to anyone. I love my friends, but I don't think I could ever go to them and share my hopes and dreams, or talk about things I'm really passionate about. It's almost like I put on a facade, and thats what most of my friends see. #gettingallpersonal #idontlikefeelings

when you look in the mirror, what do you see? I see someone who is destined for greatness, but doesn't know how to get there. I see someone who needs to stop being anxious and closed, And needs to be more open and do things. I see someone who can change the whole dang game if she wanted to.
a new series showcasing the idea that there is more to toyosi than what meets the eye. "everyone is a story. and simply looking at them and judging what they wear or what they look like isn't going to get that story told. so dig a little deeper. reach a little higher. and you'll get the prize." from her eyelashes held secrets her lips would never tell. also, i interviewed myself for this.
-kiss kiss kiss, in time-
{pea ess: thanks for all your kind words on my last post. i was sobbing. i love you all, and it's nice to know you love me too.}

14 comments :

  1. she is so beautiful! the pictures were also edited PERFECTLY. and, we do love you. don't forget it, Jocee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, she seems like a super nice gal. (also, we love you too, dont'cha know.) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bitchy (pardon the word, I don't say it often, but I'm too lazy right now to say it nicely...:P) face. yes.
    I get that a lot, it's like people think I'm in a constant state of aggravation, or, "I'm going to kill you in your sleep".

    i can't help it if I have Jeremy Renner's resting face....

    mind if I be a copy cat and do a post like this? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oH MY GOSH JEREMY'S FACE YES I KNOW THAT FACE THAT IS THE BEST FACE I LOVE THAT FACE.

      post all you like, dearie! please give credit back for the idea, if you don't mind. :) <3

      Delete
  4. ..AAAAH. Love love love these shots! The colors are to die for. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome post. i'm in love with the photos and awwwwh *hands over a tissue* xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome :) I freakin' love your pictures. They tell stories. Seriously. You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love. Just love.

    ♥ hannah
    http://hannahtherese.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. once again, this is an amazing idea, jocee. love this post! can't wait for more.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jocelyn,

    I just wanted to leave an anonymous comment letting you know to keep hanging on and doing what you're doing, because you inspire me a ton -- you do what you want, and you believe what you believe, and you speak your mind when it's necessary (or maybe when it's not necessary, I don't know). You don't let anyone bully you around, or try to convince you that you need to live/speak/act a certain way in order to be "cool" or whatnot. You don't try to conform to a certain lifestyle or person (*cough cough* the infamous hipster Christian blogger lifestyle that can sometimes be suffocating), you just are YOU. Messy, imperfect, beautiful Jocelyn. And I appreciate that so much, because it inspires ME to keep on, to be myself, to not let people inadvertently boss me around (except my mommy, hehe). I just really wanted to encourage you today, because you know what? We all need a little encouragement sometimes. And when God is using us in extraordinary ways, sometimes it helps to have someone pop up and let that person know what a blessing they are. Jocee, thank you thank you thank you for blogging, for saying no, for having the attitude of #idowhatiwant, and inspiring the rest of us.

    Love,
    An Avid Reader & Follower

    (P.S - I kept this anonymous because I didn't want to draw attention to myself or make people feel like I'm trying to flatter you for my own gain. Because that's not the point at all.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are just. my goodness. you are so selfless and i appreciate this SO much. bless you and your beautiful heart. :) <3
      (crying over here. so many feels from yesterday and today. wow.)

      Delete
  10. everything in this. just yes. lovely photos and post! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this post...so real and honest.
    Can't wait to read more! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...